Product nameAnti-POLD2 antibody
See all POLD2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to POLD2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Macaque monkey
- ab38338 gave a positive result in the following whole cell lysates: HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line), Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line), A431 (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line), HEK 293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line), HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line), MCF-7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line). and the following Nuclear lysate: HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line).
This product was previously labelled as DNA polymerase delta p50
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab38338 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 51 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 51 kDa).|
FunctionThe function of the small subunit is not yet clear.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the DNA polymerase delta/II small subunit family.
- Information by UniProt
- DNA polymerase delta subunit 2 antibody
- DNA polymerase delta subunit p50 antibody
- DNA polymerase subunit delta 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-POLD2 antibody (ab38338) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate
Lane 3 :
Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899)
Lane 4 :
A431 whole cell lysate (ab7909)
Lane 5 :
HEK293 whole cell lysate (ab7902)
Lane 6 :
HepG2 whole cell lysate (ab7900)
Lane 7 : MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 51 kDa
Observed band size: 51 kDa
Additional bands at: 48 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ICC/IF image of ab38338 stained human HeLa cells. The cells were PFA fixed (10 min), permabilised in TBS-T (20 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab38338, 1µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. 1%BSA / 10% normal serum / 0.3M glycine was used to quench autofluorescence and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red). DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
This product has been referenced in:
- Bellelli R et al. Pole Instability Drives Replication Stress, Abnormal Development, and Tumorigenesis. Mol Cell 70:707-721.e7 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29754823) »
- Sikorski K et al. A high-throughput pipeline for validation of antibodies. Nat Methods 15:909-912 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 30377371) »