Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to POLRMT
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-POLRMT antibody
See all POLRMT primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to POLRMT
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human POLRMT aa 1200 to the C-terminus (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lysates; HeLa, HEK293 and Caco2.
This product was previously labelled as mtRNA polymerase
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32988 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/250. Detects a band of approximately 140 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 139 kDa).|
FunctionDNA-dependent RNA polymerase catalyzes the transcription of mitochondrial DNA into RNA using the four ribonucleoside triphosphates as substrates.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the phage and mitochondrial RNA polymerase family.
- Information by UniProt
- APOLMT antibody
- DNA-directed RNA polymerase antibody
- DNA-directed RNA polymerase mitochondrial antibody
All lanes : Anti-POLRMT antibody (ab32988) at 1/250 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HEK293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : Caco 2 (Human colonic carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Predicted band size: 139 kDa
Observed band size: 140 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 160 kDa, 45 kDa, 65 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab32988 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Zhu Z et al. Negative effects of ROS generated during linear sperm motility on gene expression and ATP generation in boar sperm mitochondria. Free Radic Biol Med 141:159-171 (2019). PubMed: 31212063
- van Esveld SL et al. A Combined Mass Spectrometry and Data Integration Approach to Predict the Mitochondrial Poly(A) RNA Interacting Proteome. Front Cell Dev Biol 7:283 (2019). PubMed: 31803741
- Herbers E et al. Tissue specific differences in mitochondrial DNA maintenance and expression. Mitochondrion N/A:N/A (2018). WB . PubMed: 29339192
- Nouws J et al. Mitochondrial Ribosomal Protein L12 Is Required for POLRMT Stability and Exists as Two Forms Generated by Alternative Proteolysis during Import. J Biol Chem 291:989-97 (2016). PubMed: 26586915
- Bralha FN et al. Targeting mitochondrial RNA polymerase in acute myeloid leukemia. Oncotarget 6:37216-28 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26484416
- Harmel J et al. The leucine-rich pentatricopeptide repeat-containing protein (LRPPRC) does not activate transcription in mammalian mitochondria. J Biol Chem 288:15510-9 (2013). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 23599432
- Sobek S et al. Negative regulation of mitochondrial transcription by mitochondrial topoisomerase I. Nucleic Acids Res N/A:N/A (2013). PubMed: 23982517
- Taha R et al. Oxidative stress and mitochondrial functions in the intestinal Caco-2/15 cell line. PLoS One 5:e11817 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20676402