Product nameAnti-POLRMT antibody
See all POLRMT primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to POLRMT
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human POLRMT aa 1200 to the C-terminus (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lysates; HeLa, HEK293 and Caco2.
This product was previously labelled as mtRNA polymerase
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32988 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/250. Detects a band of approximately 140 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 139 kDa).|
FunctionDNA-dependent RNA polymerase catalyzes the transcription of mitochondrial DNA into RNA using the four ribonucleoside triphosphates as substrates.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the phage and mitochondrial RNA polymerase family.
- Information by UniProt
- APOLMT antibody
- DNA-directed RNA polymerase antibody
- DNA-directed RNA polymerase mitochondrial antibody
All lanes : Anti-POLRMT antibody (ab32988) at 1/250 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HEK293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : Caco 2 (Human colonic carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Predicted band size: 139 kDa
Observed band size: 140 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 160 kDa, 45 kDa, 65 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
This product has been referenced in:
- Herbers E et al. Tissue specific differences in mitochondrial DNA maintenance and expression. Mitochondrion N/A:N/A (2018). WB . Read more (PubMed: 29339192) »
- Nouws J et al. Mitochondrial Ribosomal Protein L12 Is Required for POLRMT Stability and Exists as Two Forms Generated by Alternative Proteolysis during Import. J Biol Chem 291:989-97 (2016). Read more (PubMed: 26586915) »