Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [10H] to Poly (ADP-Ribose) Polymer
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG3
Product nameAnti-Poly (ADP-Ribose) Polymer antibody [10H]
See all Poly (ADP-Ribose) Polymer primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [10H] to Poly (ADP-Ribose) Polymer
SpecificityThis antibody reacts with poly (ADP-Ribose) Polymer synthesized by a variety of poly(ADP- ribose) polymerases (PARP)-related enzymes including PARP1, 2, 3, tankyrase, vPARP, sPARP and others. The antibody does not cross-react with ADP-ribose, 5'-AMP, or yeast RNA as tested by ELISA.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Other Immunogen Type conjugated to bovine serum albumin. Poly (ADP-Ribose) polymer mixed with methylated bovine serum albumin.
- Rat liver induced for Poly (ADP-Ribose) Polymer synthesis by injection with diethylnitrosamine. MEF's treated with 500um Hydrogen Peroxide.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.242% Tris, 0.87% Sodium chloride, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14459 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevancePoly (ADP-Ribose) is a polymer synthesized by a class of enzymes named poly(ADP-ribose) polymerases (PARP). Using NAD+ as substrate, PARP catalyzes the formation of the polymer poly (ADP-Ribose), with chain lengths ranging from 2 to 300 residues, containing approximately 2% branching in the chain. Poly (ADP-Ribose) polymer becomes attached to nuclear proteins, and to PARP itself (automodification). Under normal conditions, cells display low basal level of poly (ADP-Ribose) polymer, which can dramatically increase in cells exposed to DNA damaging agents (irradiation, alkylation, etc.). This increase of polymer synthesis is usually transient and is followed by a rapid degradation phase with a short half life which can be less than 1 min. The low endogenous level of polymer in unstimulated cells and its rapid catabolism during DNA damage has been ascribed to high activity of the polymer catabolizing enzyme poly(ADP-ribose) glycohydrolyase (PARG).
- pADPr antibody
- Poly ADP ribose antibody
Immunohistochemistry of rat livers treated with diethylnitrosamine (200 mg/kg) and stained with ab14459 diluted 1/100. After treatment livers were removed and rapidly processed 10 hr later, at peak polymer induction. Left hand side image was from diethylnitrosamine untreated liver tissue and right one represents DEN treated sections.
ab14459 has been referenced in 31 publications.
- Müller KH et al. Poly(ADP-Ribose) Links the DNA Damage Response and Biomineralization. Cell Rep 27:3124-3138.e13 (2019). PubMed: 31189100
- Cao X et al. Combination of PARP inhibitor and temozolomide to suppress chordoma progression. J Mol Med (Berl) 97:1183-1193 (2019). PubMed: 31201471
- Huang X et al. Defining the NSD2 interactome: PARP1 PARylation reduces NSD2 histone methyltransferase activity and impedes chromatin binding. J Biol Chem 294:12459-12471 (2019). PubMed: 31248990
- Gu Z et al. New perspectives on the plant PARP family: Arabidopsis PARP3 is inactive, and PARP1 exhibits predominant poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase activity in response to DNA damage. BMC Plant Biol 19:364 (2019). PubMed: 31426748
- Han Y et al. DNA-PKcs PARylation regulates DNA-PK kinase activity in the DNA damage response. Mol Med Rep 20:3609-3616 (2019). PubMed: 31485633