Key features and details
- Chicken polyclonal to Poly (ADP-Ribose) Polymer
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, WB, ELISA, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgY
Product nameAnti-Poly (ADP-Ribose) Polymer antibody
See all Poly (ADP-Ribose) Polymer primary antibodies
DescriptionChicken polyclonal to Poly (ADP-Ribose) Polymer
SpecificityThis antibody recognizes Poly (ADP-Ribose) Polymer synthesized by a variety of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerases (PARP)-related enzymes, including PARP1, 2, 3, tankyrase, vPARP, sPARP and others. It does not cross-react with ADP-ribose, 5'-AMP, or yeast RNA as tested by ELISA. It does cross-react to bovine serum albumin due to its use as a carrier for the immunogen.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, WB, ELISA, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Other Immunogen Type corresponding to Poly (ADP-Ribose) Polymer. Purified Poly (ADP-Ribose) Polymer mixed with methylated bovine serum albumin.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.316% Tris HCl, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14460 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 10 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 1 kDa.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent dilution. It is recommended to start with a 1/100 dilution.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
RelevancePoly (ADP-Ribose) is a polymer synthesized by a class of enzymes named poly(ADP-ribose) polymerases (PARP). Using NAD+ as substrate, PARP catalyzes the formation of the polymer poly (ADP-Ribose), with chain lengths ranging from 2 to 300 residues, containing approximately 2% branching in the chain. Poly (ADP-Ribose) polymer becomes attached to nuclear proteins, and to PARP itself (automodification). Under normal conditions, cells display low basal level of poly (ADP-Ribose) polymer, which can dramatically increase in cells exposed to DNA damaging agents (irradiation, alkylation, etc.). This increase of polymer synthesis is usually transient and is followed by a rapid degradation phase with a short half life which can be less than 1 min. The low endogenous level of polymer in unstimulated cells and its rapid catabolism during DNA damage has been ascribed to high activity of the polymer catabolizing enzyme poly(ADP-ribose) glycohydrolyase (PARG).
- pADPr antibody
- Poly ADP ribose antibody
Poly (ADP-Ribose) Polymer staining of untreated rat liver, with ab14460 at a concentration of 20µg/ml.
Western blot analysis of Poly (ADP-Ribose) Polymer. Lane 1: control HL60 cells (75,000 cells). Lane 2: cells automodified with PARP1. Note the apparent shift in molecular weight PARP1 from 116kDa to a broad range >250kDa due to various extents of Poly (ADP-Ribose) Polymer automodification. ab14460 was used at a concentration of 10 µg/ml.
Poly (ADP-Ribose) Polymer staining of livers from rats injected with diethylnitrosamine (200 mg/kg). The livers were removed and rapidly processed 10 hr later, at peak polymer induction. ab14460 was used at a concentration of 20µg/ml
ab14460 staining cultured human HeLa cells by ICC/IF. Cells were PFA fixed and permeabilized in 0.5% Triton X100 prior to blocking in 5% BSA for 1 hour at 20°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/200 and incubated with the sample for 1 hour at 20°C. A Cy5® conjugated donkey anti-chicken antibody diluted 1/300 was used as the secondary.
ab14460 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Marchetta P et al. Guanylyl Cyclase A/cGMP Signaling Slows Hidden, Age- and Acoustic Trauma-Induced Hearing Loss. Front Aging Neurosci 12:83 (2020). PubMed: 32327991
- Gao X et al. Berberine attenuates XRCC1-mediated base excision repair and sensitizes breast cancer cells to the chemotherapeutic drugs. J Cell Mol Med 23:6797-6804 (2019). PubMed: 31338966
- Horton JK et al. Role of the oxidized form of XRCC1 in protection against extreme oxidative stress. Free Radic Biol Med 107:292-300 (2017). PubMed: 28179111
- Horton JK et al. XRCC1-mediated repair of strand breaks independent of PNKP binding. DNA Repair (Amst) 60:52-63 (2017). PubMed: 29100039
- Horton JK et al. DNA polymerase ß-dependent cell survival independent of XRCC1 expression. DNA Repair (Amst) 26:23-9 (2015). PubMed: 25541391
- Brand S et al. Oxidative DNA damage in kidneys and heart of hypertensive mice is prevented by blocking angiotensin II and aldosterone receptors. PLoS One 9:e115715 (2014). PubMed: 25551569
- Kheradpezhouh E et al. TRPM2 channels mediate acetaminophen-induced liver damage. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:3176-81 (2014). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 24569808
- Horton JK et al. Preventing oxidation of cellular XRCC1 affects PARP-mediated DNA damage responses. DNA Repair (Amst) 12:774-85 (2013). PubMed: 23871146
- Masaoka A et al. HMGN1 Protein Regulates Poly(ADP-ribose) Polymerase-1 (PARP-1) Self-PARylation in Mouse Fibroblasts. J Biol Chem 287:27648-58 (2012). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 22736760
- Xiao CY et al. Poly(ADP-Ribose) Polymerase Contributes to the Development of Myocardial Infarction in Diabetic Rats and Regulates the Nuclear Translocation of Apoptosis-Inducing Factor. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 310:498-504 (2004). PubMed: 15054118