Product nameAnti-POU4F3 antibody
See all POU4F3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to POU4F3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Cat, Dog, Pig, Caenorhabditis elegans, Drosophila melanogaster, Zebrafish
- Purchase matching WB positive control:Recombinant Human POU4F3 protein
- HepG2 cell lysate. Human Kidney tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab66260 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1.25 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 37 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 37 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Titre using peptide based assay 1/312500.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 4 - 8 µg/ml.|
FunctionMay play a role in determining or maintaining the identities of a small subset of visual system neurons.
Tissue specificityBrain. Seems to be specific to the retina.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in POU4F3 are the cause of deafness autosomal dominant type 15 (DFNA15) [MIM:602459]. DFNA15 is a form of sensorineural hearing loss. Sensorineural deafness results from damage to the neural receptors of the inner ear, the nerve pathways to the brain, or the area of the brain that receives sound information.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the POU transcription factor family. Class-4 subfamily.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
Contains 1 POU-specific domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Brain specific homeobox/POU domain protein 3C antibody
- Brain-3C antibody
- Brain-specific homeobox/POU domain protein 3C antibody
Anti-POU4F3 antibody (ab66260) at 1.25 µg/ml + HepG2 cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 37 kDa
Observed band size: 37 kDa
Additional bands at: 34 kDa, 45 kDa, 64 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Antibody diluted in 5% skim milk / PBS buffer. Gel concentration 12%.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human kidney tissue labelling POU4F3 with ab66260 at 4-8µg/ml. Arrows indicate positively labelled epithelial cells of the renal tubule. Magnification: 400X.
This product has been referenced in:
- Ishii J et al. Class III/IV POU transcription factors expressed in small cell lung cancer cells are involved in proneural/neuroendocrine differentiation. Pathol Int 64:415-22 (2014). Read more (PubMed: 25243889) »
- Walshe TE et al. TGF-ß signaling is required for maintenance of retinal ganglion cell differentiation and survival. Neuroscience 189:123-31 (2011). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 21664439) »