Product nameAnti-PP1C gamma antibody
See all PP1C gamma primary antibodies
DescriptionSheep polyclonal to PP1C gamma
SpecificityNo cross reactivity with other recombinant pp1 isoforms.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Xenopus laevis
- Recombinant Human PP1C gamma protein (ab114828) can be used as a positive control in WB.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.08% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16387 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 37 kDa.|
FunctionProtein phosphatase 1 (PP1) is essential for cell division, and participates in the regulation of glycogen metabolism, muscle contractility and protein synthesis. Involved in regulation of ionic conductances and long-term synaptic plasticity. May play an important role in dephosphorylating substrates such as the postsynaptic density-associated Ca(2+)/calmodulin dependent protein kinase II. Component of the PTW/PP1 phosphatase complex, which plays a role in the control of chromatin structure and cell cycle progression during the transition from mitosis into interphase.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PPP phosphatase family. PP-1 subfamily.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Nucleus > nucleolus. Nucleus > nucleoplasm. Nucleus speckle. Chromosome > centromere > kinetochore. Cleavage furrow. Midbody. Colocalizes with SPZ1 in the nucleus (By similarity). Rapidly exchanges between the nucleolar, nucleoplasmic and cytoplasmic compartments. Highly mobile in cells and can be relocalized through interaction with targeting subunits. In the presence of PPP1R8 relocalizes from the nucleolus to nuclear speckles. Shows a dynamic targeting to specific sites throughout the cell cycle. Highly concentrated in nucleoli of interphase cells and localizes at kinetochores early in mitosis. Relocalization to chromosome-containing regions occurs at the transition from early to late anaphase. Also accumulates at the cleavage furrow and midbody by telophase.
- Information by UniProt
- PP 1G antibody
- PP-1G antibody
- PP1C antibody
This product has been referenced in:
- Seiki T et al. HPV-16 impairs the subcellular distribution and levels of expression of protein phosphatase 1? in cervical malignancy. BMC Cancer 15:230 (2015). Read more (PubMed: 25886518) »
- Kernohan KD et al. Homozygous mutation in the eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2alpha phosphatase gene, PPP1R15B, is associated with severe microcephaly, short stature and intellectual disability. Hum Mol Genet 24:6293-300 (2015). WB, IP ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 26307080) »