Key features and details
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1512Y] to PPP1A/PPP1CA (phospho T320)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Xenopus laevis
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PPP1A/PPP1CA (phospho T320) antibody [EP1512Y]
See all PPP1A/PPP1CA primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1512Y] to PPP1A/PPP1CA (phospho T320)
SpecificityThis antibody detects PP1 alpha phosphorylated at Threonine 320.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or ICC
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Xenopus laevis
corresponding to Human PPP1A/PPP1CA.
- HeLa cell lysate and human muscle tissue.
This product was previously labelled as PPP1A
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMab® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab62334 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 38 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 38 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
An antigen retrieval step is strongly recommended.
FunctionProtein phosphatase 1 (PP1) is essential for cell division, and participates in the regulation of glycogen metabolism, muscle contractility and protein synthesis. Involved in regulation of ionic conductances and long-term synaptic plasticity. May play an important role in dephosphorylating substrates such as the postsynaptic density-associated Ca(2+)/calmodulin dependent protein kinase II. Component of the PTW/PP1 phosphatase complex, which plays a role in the control of chromatin structure and cell cycle progression during the transition from mitosis into interphase.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PPP phosphatase family. PP-1 subfamily.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Nucleus > nucleoplasm. Nucleus > nucleolus. Primarily nuclear and largely excluded from the nucleolus. Highly mobile in cells and can be relocalized through interaction with targeting subunits. NOM1 plays a role in targeting this protein to the nucleolus. In the presence of PPP1R8 relocalizes from the nucleus to nuclear speckles.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha isoform serine threonine protein phosphatase PP1alpha 1 catalytic subunit antibody
- Catalytic subunit antibody
- EC 18.104.22.168 antibody
All lanes : Anti-PPP1A/PPP1CA (phospho T320) antibody [EP1512Y] (ab62334)
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate (untreated)
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate (treated with Calyculin A)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-rabbit HRP conjugate at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 38 kDa
Observed band size: 38 kDa
The bottom image shows beta Tubulin as a positive control.
Ab62334 (1/100-1/250) staining human PPP1A/PPP1CA in human muscle tissue by immunohistochemistry using paraffin embedded tissue.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with EDTA buffer pH 9 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab62334 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Kim JE et al. CDDO-Me Selectively Attenuates CA1 Neuronal Death Induced by Status Epilepticus via Facilitating Mitochondrial Fission Independent of LONP1. Cells 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31387295
- Kim JE et al. Blockade of AMPA Receptor Regulates Mitochondrial Dynamics by Modulating ERK1/2 and PP1/PP2A-Mediated DRP1-S616 Phosphorylations in the Normal Rat Hippocampus. Front Cell Neurosci 13:179 (2019). PubMed: 31118889
- Daldello EM et al. Cyclin B2 is required for progression through meiosis in mouse oocytes. Development 146:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30952665
- Chassé H et al. Cyclin B Translation Depends on mTOR Activity after Fertilization in Sea Urchin Embryos. PLoS One 11:e0150318 (2016). PubMed: 26962866
- Daldello EM et al. Control of Cdc6 accumulation by Cdk1 and MAPK is essential for completion of oocyte meiotic divisions in Xenopus. J Cell Sci 128:2482-96 (2015). PubMed: 26092930
- Lewis CW et al. A western blot assay to measure cyclin dependent kinase activity in cells or in vitro without the use of radioisotopes. FEBS Lett 587:3089-95 (2013). PubMed: 23954627
- Horiuchi D et al. MYC pathway activation in triple-negative breast cancer is synthetic lethal with CDK inhibition. J Exp Med 209:679-96 (2012). PubMed: 22430491
- Cheng G et al. Basis for MAP4 dephosphorylation-related microtubule network densification in pressure overload cardiac hypertrophy. J Biol Chem 285:38125-40 (2010). WB . PubMed: 20889984
- Wu JQ et al. PP1-mediated dephosphorylation of phosphoproteins at mitotic exit is controlled by inhibitor-1 and PP1 phosphorylation. Nat Cell Biol 11:644-51 (2009). WB ; Xenopus laevis . PubMed: 19396163