Key features and details
- Sheep polyclonal to PPP1CB
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PPP1CB antibody
See all PPP1CB primary antibodies
DescriptionSheep polyclonal to PPP1CB
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Pig
This product was previously labelled as Protein Phosphatase 1 beta, PPP1CA + 1CB
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.08% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A/G purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16369 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 37 kDa.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
FunctionProtein phosphatase that associates with over 200 regulatory proteins to form highly specific holoenzymes which dephosphorylate hundreds of biological targets. Protein phosphatase (PP1) is essential for cell division, it participates in the regulation of glycogen metabolism, muscle contractility and protein synthesis. Involved in regulation of ionic conductances and long-term synaptic plasticity. Component of the PTW/PP1 phosphatase complex, which plays a role in the control of chromatin structure and cell cycle progression during the transition from mitosis into interphase. In balance with CSNK1D and CSNK1E, determines the circadian period length, through the regulation of the speed and rhythmicity of PER1 and PER2 phosphorylation. May dephosphorylate CSNK1D and CSNK1E. Dephosphorylates the 'Ser-418' residue of FOXP3 in regulatory T-cells (Treg) from patients with rheumatoid arthritis, thereby inactivating FOXP3 and rendering Treg cells functionally defective (PubMed:23396208).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PPP phosphatase family. PP-1 subfamily.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Nucleus, nucleoplasm. Nucleus, nucleolus. Highly mobile in cells and can be relocalized through interaction with targeting subunits. In the presence of PPP1R8 relocalizes from the nucleus to nuclear speckles.
- Information by UniProt
- MGC3672 antibody
- PP 1B antibody
- PP-1B antibody
ab16369 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Miyazaki Y et al. Heart failure-inducible gene therapy targeting protein phosphatase 1 prevents progressive left ventricular remodeling. PLoS One 7:e35875 (2012). WB . PubMed: 22558250
- Barber MA et al. The guanine-nucleotide-exchange factor P-Rex1 is activated by protein phosphatase 1a. Biochem J 443:173-83 (2012). WB . PubMed: 22242915
- Aoyama H et al. Isoform-specific roles of protein phosphatase 1 catalytic subunits in sarcoplasmic reticulum-mediated Ca(2+) cycling. Cardiovasc Res 89:79-88 (2011). PubMed: 20675715