Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP902Y] to PPP1R1A
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-PPP1R1A antibody [EP902Y]
See all PPP1R1A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP902Y] to PPP1R1A
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human PPP1R1A aa 1-100 (N terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Brain tissue/lysate
Previously labelled as Protein phosphatase inhibitor 1.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab40877 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/100000. Detects a band of approximately 27 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 19 kDa).|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionInhibitor of protein-phosphatase 1. This protein may be important in hormonal control of glycogen metabolism. Hormones that elevate intracellular cAMP increase I-1 activity in many tissues. I-1 activation may impose cAMP control over proteins that are not directly phosphorylated by PKA. Following a rise in intracellular calcium, I-1 is inactivated by calcineurin (or PP2B). Does not inhibit type-2 phosphatases.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein phosphatase inhibitor 1 family.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Thr-35 is required for activity.
- Information by UniProt
- I 1 antibody
- I-1 antibody
- I1 antibody
Anti-PPP1R1A antibody [EP902Y] (ab40877) at 1/40000 dilution + Rat brain at 10 µg
Predicted band size: 19 kDa
Observed band size: 27 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human normal brain tissue using ab40877 diluted 1:100.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ICC/IF image of ab40877 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab40877, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Overlay histogram showing SH-SY5Y cells stained with ab40877 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab40877, 1/20 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) ( 1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in SH-SY5Y cells fixed with 80% methanol/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab40877 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Gergs U et al. Age-Dependent Protein Expression of Serine/Threonine Phosphatases and Their Inhibitors in the Human Cardiac Atrium. Adv Med 2019:2675972 (2019). PubMed: 30719459
- Ji Y et al. Astragalosides increase the cardiac diastolic function and regulate the "Calcium sensing receptor-protein kinase C-protein phosphatase 1" pathway in rats with heart failure. Biomed Pharmacother 103:838-843 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29710499
- Bond RC et al. Reduced density and altered regulation of rat atrial L-type Ca(2+) current in heart failure. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 312:H384-H391 (2017). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 27923791
- Liu R et al. Cardiac-specific deletion of protein phosphatase 1ß promotes increased myofilament protein phosphorylation and contractile alterations. J Mol Cell Cardiol 87:204-13 (2015). PubMed: 26334248
- Mesman AW et al. Measles virus suppresses RIG-I-like receptor activation in dendritic cells via DC-SIGN-mediated inhibition of PP1 phosphatases. Cell Host Microbe 16:31-42 (2014). PubMed: 25011106
- Picard N et al. Protein phosphatase 1 inhibitor-1 deficiency reduces phosphorylation of renal NaCl cotransporter and causes arterial hypotension. J Am Soc Nephrol 25:511-22 (2014). WB, IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 24231659
- Chao LC et al. Skeletal muscle Nur77 expression enhances oxidative metabolism and substrate utilization. J Lipid Res 53:2610-9 (2012). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 23028113
- Singh A et al. The large isoforms of a-kinase anchoring protein 18 mediate the phosphorylation of inhibitor-1 by protein kinase a and the inhibition of protein phosphatase 1 activity. Mol Pharmacol 79:533-40 (2011). WB, IP ; Human . PubMed: 21149637
- Manchado E et al. Targeting mitotic exit leads to tumor regression in vivo: Modulation by Cdk1, Mastl, and the PP2A/B55a,d phosphatase. Cancer Cell 18:641-54 (2010). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 21156286