Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1513Y] to PRC1
- Suitable for: ICC, WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-PRC1 antibody [EP1513Y]
See all PRC1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1513Y] to PRC1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC, WB, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human PRC1 aa 150-250. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- ICC: HeLa cells Flow cyt: HeLa cells WB: HeLa, C6 and C2C12 whole cell lysates. Mouse and rat kidney tissue.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51248 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 72 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 72 kDa).|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionCross-links antiparrallel microtubules at an average distance of 35 nM. Essential for controlling the spatiotemporal formation of the midzone and successful cytokinesis. Required for KIF14 localization to the central spindle and midbody.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MAP65/ASE1 family.
DomainMicrotubule binding occurs via a basic patch in the central spectrin-like domain and requires also the unstructured C-terminal domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation by CDK1 in early mitosis holds PRC1 in an inactive monomeric state, during the metaphase to anaphase transition, PRC1 is dephosphorylated, promoting interaction with KIF4A, which then translocates PRC1 along mitotic spindles to the plus ends of antiparallel interdigitating microtubules. Dephosphorylation also promotes MT-bundling activity by allowing dimerization.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > spindle pole. Predominantly localized to the nucleus of interphase cells. During mitosis becomes associated with the mitotic spindle poles and localizes with the cell midbody during cytokinesis.
- Information by UniProt
- Anaphase spindle elongation 1 homolog antibody
- ASE1 antibody
- PRC1 antibody
Flow Cytometry analysis of HeLa (Human cervix adenocarcinoma epithelial cell) cells labeling PRC1 with Purified 51248 at 1:30 dilution (10 µg/ml) (Red). Cells were fixed with 4% Paraformaldehyde and permeabilised with 90% Methanol. A Goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488,ab150077) secondary antibody was used at 1:2000. Isotype control - Rabbit monoclonal IgG (Black). Unlabeled control - Cell without incubation with primary antibody and secondary antibody (Blue).
Immunocytochemistry analysis of HeLa (Human cervix adenocarcinoma epithelial cell) cells labeling PRC1 with Purified 238427 at 1:50 dilution (5.06 µg/ml). Cells were fixed in 4% Paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 0.1% tritonX-100. Cells were counterstained with Ab195889 Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Microtubule Marker (Alexa Fluor® 594) 1:200 (2.5 μg/ml). Goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488,ab150077) was used as the secondary antibody at 1:1000 (2 μg/ml) dilution. DAPI (blue) was used as nuclear counterstain. PBS instead of the primary antibody was used as the secondary antibody only control.
All lanes : Anti-PRC1 antibody [EP1513Y] (ab51248) at 1/1000 dilution (Purified)
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human cervix adenocarcinoma epithelial cell) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : C6 (Rat glial tumor glial cell) whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : C2C12 (Mouse myoblasts myoblast) whole cell lysate
Lane 4 : Mouse kidney lysate
Lane 5 : Rat kidney lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 72 kDa
ab51248 recognise two isoforms of PRC1. But we are unsure how to define the extra bands at ~50kDa.
ab51248 staining PRC1 in human breast cancer cells by ICC/IF. The cells were paraformaldehyde fixed and blocked in 1% serum for 1 hour at 37°C without permeation step. The primary antibody was diluted 1/100 (PBS) and incubated with sample for 1 hour at 20°C. An Alexa Fluor® 488 conjugated donkey polyclonal to rabbit IgG, diluted 1/200 was used as secondary.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab51248 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Ting W et al. Overexpression of microRNA-203 Suppresses Proliferation, Invasion, and Migration while Accelerating Apoptosis of CSCC Cell Line SCL-1. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 21:428-440 (2020). PubMed: 32668390
- Dwivedi D et al. The dynein adaptor Hook2 plays essential roles in mitotic progression and cytokinesis. J Cell Biol 218:871-894 (2019). PubMed: 30674580
- Yi L et al. Long noncoding RNA PTPRG-AS1 acts as a microRNA-194-3p sponge to regulate radiosensitivity and metastasis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells via PRC1. J Cell Physiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30993702
- Wei YL & Yang WX Kinesin-14 motor protein KIFC1 participates in DNA synthesis and chromatin maintenance. Cell Death Dis 10:402 (2019). PubMed: 31127080
- Zhang L et al. Cervical Cancer Cells-Secreted Exosomal microRNA-221-3p Promotes Invasion, Migration and Angiogenesis of Microvascular Endothelial Cells in Cervical Cancer by Down-Regulating MAPK10 Expression. Cancer Manag Res 11:10307-10319 (2019). PubMed: 31849520
- Liao YJ et al. PRC1 gene silencing inhibits proliferation, invasion, and angiogenesis of retinoblastoma cells through the inhibition of the Wnt/ß-catenin signaling pathway. J Cell Biochem 120:16840-16852 (2019). PubMed: 31144388
- Wang Y et al. Protein Regulator of Cytokinesis PRC1 Confers Chemoresistance and Predicts an Unfavorable Postoperative Survival of Hepatocellular Carcinoma Patients. J Cancer 8:801-808 (2017). IHC . PubMed: 28382142
- Zhan P et al. Protein regulator of cytokinesis-1 expression: prognostic value in lung squamous cell carcinoma patients. J Thorac Dis 9:2054-2060 (2017). PubMed: 28840006
- Zhan P et al. PRC1 contributes to tumorigenesis of lung adenocarcinoma in association with the Wnt/ß-catenin signaling pathway. Mol Cancer 16:108 (2017). IHC ; Human . PubMed: 28646916
- Uehara R et al. Augmin shapes the anaphase spindle for efficient cytokinetic furrow ingression and abscission. Mol Biol Cell 27:812-27 (2016). PubMed: 26764096