Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PRDM16
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PRDM16 antibody
See all PRDM16 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PRDM16
SpecificityAt least four isoforms of PRDM16 are known to exist; ab106410 will recognize all four.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human PRDM16 (C terminal). The immunogen is located within amino acids 1120 - 1170 of PRDM16.
Database link: Q9HAZ2
- WB: K562 cell lysate IHC-P: Human and mouse brain tissue IF: Human brain cells, mouse brain tissue.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at 4°C (stable for up to 12 months).
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab106410 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 140 kDa.
Western blot has been tested in human samples only. It has not been tested in mouse samples.
|IF||Use a concentration of 20 µg/ml.|
FunctionBinds DNA and functions as a transcriptional regulator. Functions in the differentiation of brown adipose tissue (BAT) which is specialized in dissipating chemical energy in the form of heat in response to cold or excess feeding while white adipose tissue (WAT) is specialized in the storage of excess energy and the control of systemic metabolism. Together with CEBPB, regulates the differentiation of myoblastic precursors into brown adipose cells. Functions also as a repressor of TGF-beta signaling. Isoform 4 may regulate granulocytes differentiation.
Tissue specificityExpressed in uterus and kidney.
Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving PRDM16 is found in myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) and acute myeloid leukemia (AML). Reciprocal translocation t(1;3)(p36;q21). Isoform 4 is specifically expressed in adult T-cell leukemia.
Sequence similaritiesContains 10 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 SET domain.
- Information by UniProt
- CMD1LL antibody
- KIAA1675 antibody
- LVNC8 antibody
Anti-PRDM16 antibody (ab106410) at 1 µg/ml + K562 (human chronic myelogenous leukemia cell line from bone marrow) cell lysate
Predicted band size: 140 kDa
Paraffin-embedded human brain tissue stained for PRDM16 using ab106410 at 2 µg/ml in immunohistochemical analysis.
ab106410 staining RAP1 in Human Brown adipocytes from supraclavicular fat tissue by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.3% Triton X-100 and blocked with 10% serum, 1% BSA for 1 hour at 22°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (2 ug/ml in 10% serum, 1% BSA, 0.3% Triton X100, PBS) for 16 hours at 4°C. A Cy3®-conjugated Donkey F(ab')2 anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/500) was used as the secondary antibody.
Immunofluorescence of PRDM16 in Human Brain cells using ab106410 at 20 ug/ml.
ab106410 has been referenced in 39 publications.
- Li T et al. Milk fat globule membrane and its component phosphatidylcholine induce adipose browning both in vivo and in vitro. J Nutr Biochem 81:108372 (2020). PubMed: 32416448
- Song G et al. Fruit of Hovenia dulcis Thunb. Induces Nonshivering Thermogenesis through Mitochondrial Biogenesis and Activation by SIRT1 in High-Fat Diet-Fed Obese Mice and Primary Cultured Brown Adipocytes. J Agric Food Chem 68:6715-6725 (2020). PubMed: 32450691
- Liu P et al. Foxp1 controls brown/beige adipocyte differentiation and thermogenesis through regulating ß3-AR desensitization. Nat Commun 10:5070 (2019). PubMed: 31699980
- Wang N et al. ZW290 Increases Cold Tolerance by Inducing Thermogenesis via the Upregulation of Uncoupling Protein 1 in Brown Adipose Tissue In Vitro and In Vivo. Lipids 54:265-276 (2019). PubMed: 31087415
- Kuefner MS et al. Secretory phospholipase A2 group IIA enhances the metabolic rate and increases glucose utilization in response to thyroid hormone. FASEB J 33:738-749 (2019). PubMed: 30020829