Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to PRDM1/Blimp1
- Suitable for: ICC
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PRDM1/Blimp1 antibody
See all PRDM1/Blimp1 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to PRDM1/Blimp1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICCmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Dog, Pig
- ICC: A431 cells
General notesGenBank Accession Number - NP_001189
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13700 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
FunctionTranscriptional repressor that binds specifically to the PRDI element in the promoter of the beta-interferon gene (PubMed:1851123). Drives the maturation of B-lymphocytes into Ig secreting cells (PubMed:12626569).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the class V-like SAM-binding methyltransferase superfamily.
Contains 4 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 SET domain.
modificationsSumoylation at Lys-816 by PIAS1 augments transcriptional repressor activity, and is critical for plasma cell differentiation.
Ubiquitinated by the SCF(FBXO11) complex, leading to its degradation by the proteasome.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm.
- Information by UniProt
- B Lymphocyte Induced Maturation Protein 1 antibody
- Beta interferon gene positive regulatory domain I binding factor antibody
- Beta-interferon gene positive regulatory domain I-binding factor antibody
Immunofluorescence analysis of paraformaldehyde fixed A431 cells, permeabilized with 0.15% Triton. Primary incubation 1hr (10ug/ml) followed by Alexa Fluor 488 secondary antibody (2ug/ml), showing nuclear staining. The nuclear stain is DAPI (blue). Negative control: Unimmunized goat IgG (10ug/ml) followed by Alexa Fluor 488 secondary antibody (2ug/ml).
ab13700 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Okuzaki Y et al. PRDM14 and BLIMP1 control the development of chicken primordial germ cells. Dev Biol 455:32-41 (2019). PubMed: 31271752
- Chinnapaiyan S et al. TGF-ß1 increases viral burden and promotes HIV-1 latency in primary differentiated human bronchial epithelial cells. Sci Rep 9:12552 (2019). PubMed: 31467373
- Zhao H et al. GPR39 marks specific cells within the sebaceous gland and contributes to skin wound healing. Sci Rep 5:7913 (2015). IF . PubMed: 25604641
- Beermann ML et al. Prdm1 (Blimp-1) and the expression of fast and slow myosin heavy chain isoforms during avian myogenesis in vitro. PLoS One 5:e9951 (2010). PubMed: 20376350
- Wang X et al. RelB NF-kappaB represses estrogen receptor alpha expression via induction of the zinc finger protein Blimp1. Mol Cell Biol 29:3832-44 (2009). PubMed: 19433448
- Yan J et al. BLIMP1 regulates cell growth through repression of p53 transcription. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:1841-6 (2007). ChIP ; Human . PubMed: 17264218
- Parekh S et al. BCL6 programs lymphoma cells for survival and differentiation through distinct biochemical mechanisms. Blood 110:2067-74 (2007). PubMed: 17545502