Product namePrestained Protein Ladder – Broad molecular weight (10-245 kDa)
See all Prestained Protein Ladder reagents
DescriptionPrestained Protein Ladder - Broad molecular weight (10-245 kDa)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: SDS-PAGE, WBmore details
This product was previously called Prism Ultra Protein Ladder (10-245 kDa).
ab116028 is a three-color protein standard with 12 pre-stained proteins covering a wide range of molecular weights from 10 to 245 kDa. Proteins are covalently coupled with a blue chromophore except for two reference bands (one green and one red band at 25 kDa and 75 kDa respectively) when separated on SDS-PAGE(Tris-glycine buffer).
ab116028 is designed for monitoring protein separation during SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, verification of Western transfer efficiency on membranes (PVDF, nylon, or nitrocellulose) and for approximating the size of proteins. The ladder is supplied in gel loading buffer and is ready to use.
Key product features:
- Broad range: 10-245 kDa
- Ready-to-use: Supplied in a loading buffer for direct loading on gels.
- Easy to identify: Includes green ~25 kDa and red ~75kDa reference bands.
- Sharp bands
- Recommended loading: ~1.5 - 2.5µl
Review other ladders in the guide to unstained and prestained protein ladder products.
Storage: Stable for up to 3 months at 4°C. For long term storage, store at -20°C.
Storage instructionsPlease see notes section.
Storage bufferConstituents: 0.44% Tris citrate/phosphate, 0.02% Urea, 2% SDS, 0.02% DTT, 15% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
- Prism protein ladder
- SDS PAGE protein ladder prestained
- WB prestained protein ladder
- Western blot prestained protein ladder
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab116028 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|SDS-PAGE||Use at an assay dependent concentration. 3 µl or 5 µl per loading for clear visualization during electrophoresis on 15-well or 10-well mini-gel, respectively.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. ~1.5-2.5 µl per well for general Western transferring. Apply more for thicker (> 1.5 mm) or larger gel.|
Gel 1: Tris-Glycine (~4-20%), Gel 2: Bis-Tris (10%) MOPS buffer, Gel 3: Bis-Tris (10%) MES buffer.
Pre-stained molecular weight standards have a differing mobility and as a consequence varying apparent molecular weight when run in distinct SDS-PAGE buffer systems. The variance in pH of alternative buffers affects the charge of the labelled protein standard and its binding capacity for SDS. The apparent molecular weight of this marker has been determined by calibration against an unstained ladder in each electrophoresis condition.
This product has been referenced in:
- Singh AK et al. Curcumin Quantum Dots Mediated Degradation of Bacterial Biofilms. Front Microbiol 8:1517 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28848526) »
- Wang L et al. Upregulation of microRNA-181b inhibits CCL18-induced breast cancer cell metastasis and invasion via the NF-?B signaling pathway. Oncol Lett 12:4411-4418 (2016). Read more (PubMed: 28105154) »