Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PREX2
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PREX2 antibody
See all PREX2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PREX2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
antigen, corresponding to amino acids 686-835 of Human PREX2
- Human stomach tissue
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 40% Glycerol, 59% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab121462 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/500 - 1/1000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 - 4 µg/ml.
Recommend PFA Fixation and Triton X-100 treatment
FunctionFunctions as a RAC1 guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF), activating Rac proteins by exchanging bound GDP for free GTP. Its activity is synergistically activated by phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5-triphosphate and the beta gamma subunits of heterotrimeric G protein. Mediates the activation of RAC1 in a PI3K-dependent manner. May be an important mediator of Rac signaling, acting directly downstream of both G protein-coupled receptors and phosphoinositide 3-kinase.
Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is highly expressed in skeletal muscle, heart and placenta, absent from peripheral blood leukocytes. Isoform 2 is expressed in skeletal muscle, kidney, small intestine, and placenta. Isoform 3 is expressed in the heart.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 DEP domains.
Contains 1 DH (DBL-homology) domain.
Contains 2 PDZ (DHR) domains.
Contains 1 PH domain.
DomainPH domain confers substrate specificity and recognition. Able to discriminate between RAC1, RHOA, and CDC42.
DH domain alone was unable to confer substrate specificity and recognition.
- Information by UniProt
- 4 antibody
- 5)-dependent Rac exchanger 2 antibody
- 5-trisphosphate-dependent Rac exchanger 2 protein antibody
ab121462 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Yeung YT et al. CELF2 suppresses non-small cell lung carcinoma growth by inhibiting the PREX2-PTEN interaction. Carcinogenesis N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31241130
- Takeshita S et al. Expression of P-REX2a is associated with poor prognosis in endometrial malignancies. Oncotarget 9:24778-24786 (2018). PubMed: 29872505
- He S et al. Upregulation of PREX2 promotes the proliferation and migration of hepatocellular carcinoma cells via PTEN-AKT signaling. Oncol Lett 11:2223-2228 (2016). Human . PubMed: 26998152
- Liu L et al. Knockdown of PREX2a inhibits the malignant phenotype of glioma cells. Mol Med Rep 13:2301-7 (2016). PubMed: 26795161