Product nameAnti-PREX2 antibody
See all PREX2 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse polyclonal to PREX2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
- PREX2 transfected 293T cell line lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Constituent: 100% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab169027 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 112 kDa.|
FunctionFunctions as a RAC1 guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF), activating Rac proteins by exchanging bound GDP for free GTP. Its activity is synergistically activated by phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5-triphosphate and the beta gamma subunits of heterotrimeric G protein. Mediates the activation of RAC1 in a PI3K-dependent manner. May be an important mediator of Rac signaling, acting directly downstream of both G protein-coupled receptors and phosphoinositide 3-kinase.
Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is highly expressed in skeletal muscle, heart and placenta, absent from peripheral blood leukocytes. Isoform 2 is expressed in skeletal muscle, kidney, small intestine, and placenta. Isoform 3 is expressed in the heart.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 DEP domains.
Contains 1 DH (DBL-homology) domain.
Contains 2 PDZ (DHR) domains.
Contains 1 PH domain.
DomainPH domain confers substrate specificity and recognition. Able to discriminate between RAC1, RHOA, and CDC42.
DH domain alone was unable to confer substrate specificity and recognition.
- Information by UniProt
- 4 antibody
- 5)-dependent Rac exchanger 2 antibody
- 5-trisphosphate-dependent Rac exchanger 2 protein antibody
This product has been referenced in:
- Ai Y et al. Interference of P-REX2a may inhibit proliferation and reverse the resistance of SGC7901 cells to doxorubicin. Oncol Lett 15:3185-3191 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29435055) »
- Horrigan SK et al. Replication Study: Melanoma genome sequencing reveals frequent PREX2 mutations. Elife 6:N/A (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28100394) »