Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [MAT-B12] to PRMT1
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-PRMT1 antibody [MAT-B12]
See all PRMT1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MAT-B12] to PRMT1
SpecificityThis Mab reacts with human arginine N-Methyl Transferase
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Fusion protein (Human)
- Tested on HELA whole cell extract and transfected Cos cells (recombinant protein PRMT1). The results showed good reactivity of the antibody in both cases.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituents: 0.75% Glycine, 1.21% Tris, 2% Sucrose
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Light chain typekappa
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7027 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 2µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionArginine methyltransferase that methylates (mono and asymmetric dimethylation) the guanidino nitrogens of arginyl residues present in proteins such as ESR1, histone H2, H3 and H4, PIAS1, HNRNPA1, HNRNPD, NFATC2IP, SUPT5H, TAF15 and EWS. Constitutes the main enzyme that mediates monomethylation and asymmetric dimethylation of histone H4 'Arg-4' (H4R3me1 and H4R3me2a, respectively), a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation. Together with dimethylated PIAS1, represses STAT1 transcriptional activity, in the late phase of interferon gamma (IFN-gamma) signaling. May be involved in the regulation of TAF15 transcriptional activity, act as an activator of estrogen receptor (ER)-mediated transactivation, play a key role in neurite outgrowth and act as a negative regulator of megakaryocytic differentiation, by modulating p38 MAPK pathway.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein arginine N-methyltransferase family.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm > cytosol.
- Information by UniProt
- ANM 1 antibody
- ANM1 antibody
- ANM1_HUMAN antibody
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab7027 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab7027, 2µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab7027 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Wang YC et al. Identification, chromosomal arrangements and expression analyses of the evolutionarily conserved prmt1 gene in chicken in comparison with its vertebrate paralogue prmt8. PLoS One 12:e0185042 (2017). PubMed: 28934323
- Hsu JH et al. PRMT1-Mediated Translation Regulation Is a Crucial Vulnerability of Cancer. Cancer Res 77:4613-4625 (2017). PubMed: 28655788
- Esse R et al. Protein arginine methylation is more prone to inhibition by S-adenosylhomocysteine than DNA methylation in vascular endothelial cells. PLoS One 8:e55483 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 23408989
- Slack JL et al. Autodeimination of protein arginine deiminase 4 alters protein-protein interactions but not activity. Biochemistry 50:3997-4010 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21466234
- Obianyo O et al. Activity-based protein profiling of protein arginine methyltransferase 1. ACS Chem Biol 6:1127-35 (2011). Human . PubMed: 21838253