Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [PRMT1-171] to PRMT1
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, Monkey
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-PRMT1 antibody [PRMT1-171]
See all PRMT1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [PRMT1-171] to PRMT1
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, Monkey
Monoclonal Anti-PRMT1 is derived from the PRMT1-171 hybridoma produced by the fusion of mouse myeloma cells and splenocytes from BALB/c mice immunized with full length human PRMT1.
- Human kidney cell line 293T.
General notesIf slight turbidity occurs upon prolonged storage, clarify the solution by centrifugation before use. Working dilutions should be discarded if not used within 12 hours.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
WB: Use at a concentration of 2 µg/ml (determined by using a whole cell extract of the human kidney cell line 293T). Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionArginine methyltransferase that methylates (mono and asymmetric dimethylation) the guanidino nitrogens of arginyl residues present in proteins such as ESR1, histone H2, H3 and H4, PIAS1, HNRNPA1, HNRNPD, NFATC2IP, SUPT5H, TAF15 and EWS. Constitutes the main enzyme that mediates monomethylation and asymmetric dimethylation of histone H4 'Arg-4' (H4R3me1 and H4R3me2a, respectively), a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation. Together with dimethylated PIAS1, represses STAT1 transcriptional activity, in the late phase of interferon gamma (IFN-gamma) signaling. May be involved in the regulation of TAF15 transcriptional activity, act as an activator of estrogen receptor (ER)-mediated transactivation, play a key role in neurite outgrowth and act as a negative regulator of megakaryocytic differentiation, by modulating p38 MAPK pathway.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein arginine N-methyltransferase family.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm > cytosol.
- Information by UniProt
- ANM 1 antibody
- ANM1 antibody
- ANM1_HUMAN antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab12189 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Vadnais C et al. GFI1 facilitates efficient DNA repair by regulating PRMT1 dependent methylation of MRE11 and 53BP1. Nat Commun 9:1418 (2018). PubMed: 29651020
- Joris V et al. MicroRNA-199a-3p and MicroRNA-199a-5p Take Part to a Redundant Network of Regulation of the NOS (NO Synthase)/NO Pathway in the Endothelium. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 38:2345-2357 (2018). PubMed: 29976767
- Cao Y et al. High salt medium activates RhoA/ROCK and downregulates eNOS expression via the upregulation of ADMA. Mol Med Rep 14:606-12 (2016). PubMed: 27175806
- Butler JS et al. Protein-arginine Methyltransferase 1 (PRMT1) Methylates Ash2L, a Shared Component of Mammalian Histone H3K4 Methyltransferase Complexes. J Biol Chem 286:12234-44 (2011). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 21285357
- Infantino S et al. Arginine methylation of the B cell antigen receptor promotes differentiation. J Exp Med 207:711-9 (2010). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 20231378
- Shin HS et al. Arginine methylation of ribosomal protein S3 affects ribosome assembly. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 385:273-8 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19460357