Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PRMT5 - C-terminal
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PRMT5 antibody - C-terminal
See all PRMT5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PRMT5 - C-terminal
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Xenopus laevis, Zebrafish
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31751 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 72 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 72 kDa).Can be blocked with Human PRMT5 peptide (ab30553).
ab31751 shows weak staining in mouse samples.
FunctionArginine methyltransferase that can both catalyze the formation of omega-N monomethylarginine (MMA) and symmetrical dimethylarginine (sDMA), with a preference for the formation of MMA. Specifically mediates the symmetrical dimethylation of arginine residues in the small nuclear ribonucleoproteins Sm D1 (SNRPD1) and Sm D3 (SNRPD3); such methylation being required for the assembly and biogenesis of snRNP core particles. Methylates SUPT5H. Mono- and dimethylates arginine residues of myelin basic protein (MBP) in vitro. Plays a role in the assembly of snRNP core particles. May play a role in cytokine-activated transduction pathways. Negatively regulates cyclin E1 promoter activity and cellular proliferation. May regulate the SUPT5H transcriptional elongation properties. May be part of a pathway that is connected to a chloride current, possibly through cytoskeletal rearrangement. Methylates histone H2A and H4 'Arg-3' during germ cell development. Methylates histone H3 'Arg-8', which may repress transcription. Methylates the Piwi proteins (PIWIL1, PIWIL2 and PIWIL4), methylation of Piwi proteins being required for the interaction with Tudor domain-containing proteins and subsequent localization to the meiotic nuage. Methylates RPS10.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein arginine N-methyltransferase family.
modificationsDisulfide bonds and non-covalent association mediate homooligomers formation.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- 72 kDa ICln binding protein antibody
- 72 kDa ICln-binding protein antibody
- ANM5_HUMAN antibody
All lanes : Anti-PRMT5 antibody - C-terminal (ab31751) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HL60 (Human promyelocytic leukemia cell line) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : HEK-293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line) whole cell lysate
Lane 3 :
NIH 3T3 whole cell lysate (ab7179)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 72 kDa
Observed band size: 75 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 110 kDa, 37 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 6 minutes
ab31751 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Webb LM et al. NF-?B/mTOR/MYC Axis Drives PRMT5 Protein Induction After T Cell Activation via Transcriptional and Non-transcriptional Mechanisms. Front Immunol 10:524 (2019). PubMed: 30941147
- Bernkopf DB et al. Sulforaphane inhibits growth and blocks Wnt/ß-catenin signaling of colorectal cancer cells. Oncotarget 9:33982-33994 (2018). PubMed: 30338040
- Hartmann H et al. Proteomics and C9orf72 neuropathology identify ribosomes as poly-GR/PR interactors driving toxicity. Life Sci Alliance 1:e201800070 (2018). PubMed: 30456350
- Muhammad AB et al. Menin and PRMT5 suppress GLP1 receptor transcript and PKA-mediated phosphorylation of FOXO1 and CREB. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 313:E148-E166 (2017). PubMed: 28270438
- Webb LM et al. PRMT5-Selective Inhibitors Suppress Inflammatory T Cell Responses and Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis. J Immunol 198:1439-1451 (2017). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 28087667