Product nameAnti-pro Caspase-9 (phospho T125) antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to pro Caspase-9 (phospho T125)
Specificityab138412 detects endogenous levels of pro Caspase 9 only when phosphorylated at T125.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human pro Caspase-9 (internal sequence).
- HeLa cells treated with TNF at 20 ng/ml for 5 minutes and calyculin A at 50 ng/ml for 5 minutes.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.88% Sodium chloride, 49% PBS
PBS is without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab138412 was purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab138412 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionInvolved in the activation cascade of caspases responsible for apoptosis execution. Binding of caspase-9 to Apaf-1 leads to activation of the protease which then cleaves and activates caspase-3. Proteolytically cleaves poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP).
Isoform 2 lacks activity is an dominant-negative inhibitor of caspase-9.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous, with highest expression in the heart, moderate expression in liver, skeletal muscle, and pancreas. Low levels in all other tissues. Within the heart, specifically expressed in myocytes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C14A family.
Contains 1 CARD domain.
Developmental stageExpressed at low levels in fetal heart, at moderate levels in neonate heart, and at high levels in adult heart.
modificationsCleavages at Asp-315 by granzyme B and at Asp-330 by caspase-3 generate the two active subunits. Caspase-8 and -10 can also be involved in these processing events.
Phosphorylated at Thr-125 by MAPK1/ERK2. Phosphorylation at Thr-125 is sufficient to block caspase-9 processing and subsequent caspase-3 activation.
- Information by UniProt
- APAF-3 antibody
- APAF3 antibody
- Apoptotic protease Mch-6 antibody
ab138412 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Sheng C et al. Geniposide alleviates hypoxia-induced injury by down-regulation of lncRNA THRIL in rat cardiomyocytes derived H9c2 cells. Eur J Pharmacol 854:28-38 (2019). PubMed: 30953616
- Yang K et al. Design and Synthesis of Novel Anti-Proliferative Emodin Derivatives and Studies on their Cell Cycle Arrest, Apoptosis Pathway and Migration. Molecules 24:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30832378
- Qin QJ et al. Rhynchophylline ameliorates myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury through the modulation of mitochondrial mechanisms to mediate myocardial apoptosis. Mol Med Rep 19:2581-2590 (2019). PubMed: 30720139
- Sun L et al. Swainsonine represses glioma cell proliferation, migration and invasion by reduction of miR-92a expression. BMC Cancer 19:247 (2019). PubMed: 30890138
- Wang Z et al. Long noncoding RNA maternally expressed gene 3 knockdown alleviates lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammatory injury by up-regulation of miR-203 in ATDC5 cells. Biomed Pharmacother 100:240-249 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29432995
- Yu T et al. Ligustrazine protects chondrocyte against IL-1ß induced injury by regulation of SOX9/NF-?B signaling pathway. J Cell Biochem 119:7419-7430 (2018). PubMed: 29806884
- Huang D et al. Knockdown long non-coding RNA ANRIL inhibits proliferation, migration and invasion of HepG2 cells by down-regulation of miR-191. BMC Cancer 18:919 (2018). PubMed: 30249208
- Sun N et al. Pioglitazone alleviates oxygen and glucose deprivation-induced injury by up-regulation of miR-454 in H9c2 cells. Iran J Basic Med Sci 21:1050-1055 (2018). PubMed: 30524679
- Wu DP et al. MiR-1246 Promotes LPS-Induced Inflammatory Injury in Chondrogenic Cells ATDC5 by Targeting HNF4?. Cell Physiol Biochem 43:2010-2021 (2017). PubMed: 29055957