Key features and details
- Assay type: Enzyme activity
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Assay time: 6 hr
- Sample type: Cell culture extracts, Cell Lysate, Purified mitochondria, Suspension cells, Tissue, Tissue Extracts
Product nameATP synthase Enzyme Activity Microplate Assay Kit
See all ATP Synthase kits
Sample typeCell culture extracts, Tissue, Suspension cells, Tissue Extracts, Cell Lysate, Purified mitochondria
Assay typeEnzyme activity
Assay time6h 00m
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Cow, Human
Does not react with: Mouse
ATP synthase Enzyme Activity Microplate Assay Kit ab109714 is used to determine the activity of ATP synthase (Complex V) in a human or rat sample.
The ATP synthase enzyme is immunocaptured within the wells of the microplate and the enzyme activity is measured by monitoring the decrease in absorbance at 340 nm. The conversion of ATP to ADP by ATP synthase is coupled to the oxidation reaction of NADH to NAD+ with a reduction in absorbance at 340 nm.
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 96 tests ATP synthase precoated Microtiter plate 1 unit Buffer Tube 1 1 x 10ml Detergent 1 x 1ml Phospholipids 1 x 6ml Reagent Mix 1 x 20ml
- Complex V
- F1F0 ATP synthase
Examples of activity/load relationships for cultured cell lysate, rat liver mitochondria, and bovine heart mitochondria.
Functional study using ATP synthase Enzyme Activity Microplate Assay Kit (ab109714).
Principle of ATP synthase Enzyme Activity Microplate Assay Kit (ab109714).
Mitchondiral fractions from the heart tissue of Rats infected by S. pneumoniae, or given PBS sham control, were subjected to measurements of complex I-V activities. Complex I was measured with ab109721 (top left), Complex II + III were measured using ab109905 (top right), Complex IV was measured using ab109911 (bottom left) and Complex V was measured using ab109714 (bottom right).
Freshly isolated mitochondrial pellets were resuspened in PBS supplemented with 10% detergent provided in the kits. Protein concentrations of these mitochondrial lysates were estimated and 25 μg (for complex I, IV and V) or 100 μg (for complex II+III) mitochondrial protein was used per reaction. Enzyme activities were measured spectrophotometricly in triplicate and expressed as changes of absorbance per minute per mg protein.
ab109714 has been referenced in 40 publications.
- Kanakkanthara A et al. Repurposing Ceritinib Induces DNA Damage and Enhances PARP Inhibitor Responses in High-Grade Serous Ovarian Carcinoma. Cancer Res 82:307-319 (2022). PubMed: 34810199
- Rajab BS et al. Differential remodelling of mitochondrial subpopulations and mitochondrial dysfunction are a feature of early stage diabetes. Sci Rep 12:978 (2022). PubMed: 35046471
- Zeng Z et al. Acetylation of Atp5f1c Mediates Cardiomyocyte Senescence via Metabolic Dysfunction in Radiation-Induced Heart Damage. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2022:4155565 (2022). PubMed: 36160705
- Lı N et al. Impact of ATP synthase/coupling factor 6 in hypoxic pulmonary arterial hypertension: An experimental rat model. Turk J Med Sci 52:1468-1477 (2022). PubMed: 36422496
- Chaudhary S et al. Mitochondrial complex II and V activity is enhanced in pediatric acute myeloid leukemia. Am J Blood Res 11:534-543 (2021). PubMed: 34824886