ATP Synthase Immunocapture Kit (ab109715)
Key features and details
- Assay type: Quantitative
Product nameATP Synthase Immunocapture Kit
See all ATP Synthase kits
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Cow, Human
250 µg of monoclonal antibodies irreversibly crosslinked to protein G-agarose beads which can immunocapture up to ~125 µg, ~250 µg or ~500 µg respectively of ATP synthase (Complex V) from heart mitochondria.
ab109715 allows isolation of the ATP synthase complex from small amounts of tissue. This facilitates subsequent analysis of assembly state and activity. Thus the enzyme retains olygomycin sensitive ATP hydrolysis activities after isolation. Finally, the extent of post translational modifications including oxidative damage can be readily analyzed by proteomic approaches or antibody detection of these modifications. Potential uses for ab109715 include but are not limited to examining alterations of ATP synthase subunits in inherited mitochondrial diseases, Alzheimer's disease, angiogenesis, hypertension and aging.
Note: The immunocapture protocol for this kit requires Abcam detergent lauryl maltoside (ab109857/MS910).
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 250 µg ATP synthase monoclonal antibody coupled agarose beads 2 x 250µg
- Complex V
- F1F0 ATP synthase
- SwissProt: P25705 Human
- SwissProt: P10719 Rat
Using the immunoprecipitation protocol provided, ATP synthase was isolated from various samples by antibody ab109867 crosslinked to protein G-agarose beads (ab109715). Protein bands identities were confirmed by mass spectrometry.
Datasheets and documents
ab109715 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Bogenhagen DF & Haley JD Pulse-chase SILAC-based analyses reveal selective oversynthesis and rapid turnover of mitochondrial protein components of respiratory complexes. J Biol Chem 295:2544-2554 (2020). PubMed: 31974161
- Carraro M et al. The Unique Cysteine of F-ATP Synthase OSCP Subunit Participates in Modulation of the Permeability Transition Pore. Cell Rep 32:108095 (2020). PubMed: 32877677
- Ludtmann MHR et al. a-synuclein oligomers interact with ATP synthase and open the permeability transition pore in Parkinson's disease. Nat Commun 9:2293 (2018). PubMed: 29895861
- Sheeran FL & Pepe S Posttranslational modifications and dysfunction of mitochondrial enzymes in human heart failure. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 311:E449-60 (2016). PubMed: 27406740
- Alavian KN et al. An uncoupling channel within the c-subunit ring of the F1FO ATP synthase is the mitochondrial permeability transition pore. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:10580-5 (2014). PubMed: 24979777
- Domenis R et al. Glucose-modulated mitochondria adaptation in tumor cells: a focus on ATP synthase and inhibitor factor 1. Int J Mol Sci 13:1933-50 (2012). PubMed: 22408432
- Bao J et al. SIRT3 is regulated by nutrient excess and modulates hepatic susceptibility to lipotoxicity. Free Radic Biol Med 49:1230-7 (2010). PubMed: 20647045
- Giorgio V et al. The ectopic F(O)F(1) ATP synthase of rat liver is modulated in acute cholestasis by the inhibitor protein IF1. J Bioenerg Biomembr 42:117-23 (2010). PubMed: 20180002
- Giorgio V et al. Cyclophilin D modulates mitochondrial F0F1-ATP synthase by interacting with the lateral stalk of the complex. J Biol Chem 284:33982-8 (2009). PubMed: 19801635
- Yang JY et al. Insulin stimulates Akt translocation to mitochondria: implications on dysregulation of mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation in diabetic myocardium. J Mol Cell Cardiol 46:919-26 (2009). PubMed: 19249309