Cathepsin G Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab126780)
Key features and details
- Assay type: Enzyme activity (quantitative)
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Assay time: 1 hr
- Sample type: Cell Lysate, Serum, Tissue Extracts
Product nameCathepsin G Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
See all Cathepsin G kits
Sample typeSerum, Tissue Extracts, Cell Lysate
Assay typeEnzyme activity (quantitative)
Range0 nmol/well - 50 nmol/well
Assay time1h 00m
Species reactivityReacts with: Mammals, Other species
Cathepsin G Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab126780) is an assay where Cathepsin G will cleave the substrate and release the dye group, p-NA (4-Nitroaniline), which can be detected at 405 nm. In presence of the Cathepsin G specific inhibitor, the cleavage will be stopped. The kit provides a rapid, simple, sensitive, and reliable test for the activity of Cathepsin G.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called K146 Cathepsin G Activity Colorimetric Assay Kit. K146-100 is the same size as the 100 test size of ab126780.
Cathepsin G is an enzymatic protein belonging to the peptidase or protease families. The protein is found in azurophil granules of neutrophilic polymorphonuclear leukocytes. The encoded protease has a specificity similar to that of chymotrypsin C, and may participate in the killing and digestion of engulfed pathogens, and in connective tissue remodeling at sites of inflammation.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml Cathepsin G Inhibitor, cathepsin G inhibitor Blue 1 x 20µl p-NA Standard (0.1 M) Yellow 1 x 20µl Positive Control Green 1 vial Substrate Red 1 x 200µl
FunctionSerine protease with trypsin- and chymotrypsin-like specificity. Cleaves complement C3. Has antibacterial activity against the Gram-negative bacterium P.aeruginosa, antibacterial activity is inhibited by LPS from P.aeruginosa, Z-Gly-Leu-Phe-CH2Cl and phenylmethylsulfonyl fluoride.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
Cellular localizationCell surface.
- Information by UniProt
- Cathepsin G
Standard curve with background signal subtracted (duplicates; +/- SD).
Cathepsin G activity in THP-1 lysates (duplicates +/- SD). Data corresponds to 1 million cells per well.
p-NA Standard Curve. Performed according to assay protocol.
Assay results for 5 μl of positive control with and without an inhibitor
Datasheets and documents
ab126780 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Hahn J et al. Aggregated neutrophil extracellular traps resolve inflammation by proteolysis of cytokines and chemokines and protection from antiproteases. FASEB J 33:1401-1414 (2019). PubMed: 30130433
- Campos MA et al. The Biological Effects of Double-Dose Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Augmentation Therapy: A Pilot Study. Am J Respir Crit Care Med N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30965011
- Ochieng P et al. Phospholipid transfer protein and alpha-1 antitrypsin regulate Hck kinase activity during neutrophil degranulation. Sci Rep 8:15394 (2018). PubMed: 30337619
- Wen G et al. Genetic and Pharmacologic Inhibition of the Neutrophil Elastase Inhibits Experimental Atherosclerosis. J Am Heart Assoc 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29437605
- Featherston T et al. Expression and Localization of Cathepsins B, D, and G in Two Cancer Stem Cell Subpopulations in Moderately Differentiated Oral Tongue Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Front Med (Lausanne) 4:100 (2017). PubMed: 28775982