Cell Proliferation Staining Reagent - Deep Red Fluorescence - Cytopainter (ab176736)
Key features and details
- Assay type: Cell-based (quantitative)
- Platform: Flow cytometer
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Product nameCell Proliferation Staining Reagent - Deep Red Fluorescence - Cytopainter
See all Cell viability/proliferation kits
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay typeCell-based (quantitative)
Species reactivityReacts with: Other species
Predicted to work with: Mammals
Cell Proliferation Staining Reagent - Deep Red Fluorescence | Cytopainter (ab176736) is a powerful tool to analyze heterogeneous cell populations where multicolor analysis is required. This reagent is designed to label cells at Em = 628-643 nm excited with a red laser at Ex = 633 nm.
The CytoLabeling Red Reagent dye contained in this kit is functionally similar to CFSE and can be used for the multicolor applications where either GFP or FITC-labeled antibody is used, since the CytoLabeling Reagents staining reagents have either excitation and emission spectra distinct from CFSE and its fluorescein analogs.
Main features of CytoLabeling Deep Red Reagent:
- It eliminates the dye efflux drawback associated with CFSE
- It is compatible with the cell culture medium in the staining cells prior analysis - no washing required
- It is retained up to 9 generations after staining
- Fluorescence is preserved upon formaldehyde fixation
This product can be used for imaging or flow cytometric analysis.
Review other dyes and kits for cell proliferation staining, or the live cell staining fluorescent dyes guide
Uniform labeling of live cells with a dye containing a cell-retaining group to allow retention in proliferating cells. It enables multicolor labeling and functional analysis of live cells in combination with other fluorochromes. The dye is retained for up to 9 generations after staining.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 500 tests 1000 tests CytoLabeling Red Reagent 1 vial 1 x 2 vials
RelevanceCell proliferation is the multiplication or reproduction of cells, as a result of cell growth and cell division, resulting in the expansion of a cell population.
- Cell Cytotoxicity
- cell tracking
Emission and Excitation spectra for CytoPainter Cell Proliferation Staining Reagent - Red Fluorescence (ab176736).
Cell tracking assay with CytoPainter Cell Proliferation Staining Reagent - Red Fluorescence (ab176736). Jurkat cells (2x106 cells/mL) were stained with ab176736 on Day 0. The cells were passed serially at 1:1 ratio for 11 days. Fluorescence intensity was measured with a flow cytometer in FL1 channel on the day after passage. Successive generations were represented by different colors.
Datasheets and documents
ab176736 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Bueno-Fortes S et al. A Gene Signature Derived from the Loss of CDKN1A (p21) Is Associated with CMS4 Colorectal Cancer. Cancers (Basel) 14:N/A (2021). PubMed: 35008299
- Simchi L et al. Novel Insights into the Role of UBE3A in Regulating Apoptosis and Proliferation. J Clin Med 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32455880
- Elowsson Rendin L et al. Matrisome Properties of Scaffolds Direct Fibroblasts in Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31426504
- Steinmann S et al. DAPK1 loss triggers tumor invasion in colorectal tumor cells. Cell Death Dis 10:895 (2019). PubMed: 31772156
- Muenzner JK et al. Generation and characterization of hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines with enhanced cancer stem cell potential. J Cell Mol Med 22:6238-6248 (2018). PubMed: 30280520
- Gurtner GC et al. Wound repair and regeneration. Nature 453:314-21 (2008). PubMed: 18480812