Cell Proliferation Staining Reagent - Green Fluorescence - Cytopainter (ab176735)
Key features and details
- Assay type: Cell-based (quantitative)
- Platform: Flow cytometer, Fluorescence microscope
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Product nameCell Proliferation Staining Reagent - Green Fluorescence - Cytopainter
See all Cell viability/proliferation kits
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay typeCell-based (quantitative)
Species reactivityReacts with: Mammals, Other species
Cell Proliferation Staining Reagent - Green Fluorescence | Cytopainter (ab176735) is a powerful tool to analyze heterogeneous cell populations where multicolor analysis is required. The CytoLabeling Green Reagent is designed to label cells at Em = 511-525 nm excited with a blue laser at Ex = 488 nm.
The CytoLabeling Green Reagent dye contained in this kit is functionally similar to CFSE and can be used for the multicolor applications where either GFP or FITC-labeled antibody is used.
Main features of CytoLabeling Green Reagent:
- It eliminates the dye efflux drawback associated with CFSE
- It is compatible with the cell culture medium in the staining cells prior analysis - no washing required
- It is retained up to 9 generations after staining
- Fluorescence is preserved upon formaldehyde fixation
This product can be used for imaging or flow cytometric analysis.
Review other dyes and kits for cell proliferation staining, or the live cell staining fluorescent dyes guide
Uniform labeling of live cells with a dye containing a cell-retaining group to allow retention in proliferating cells. It enables multicolor labeling and functional analysis of live cells in combination with other fluorochromes. The dye is retained for up to 9 generations after staining.
PlatformFlow cytometer, Fluorescence microscope
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 500 tests 1000 tests CytoLabeling Green Reagent 1 vial 2 vials
RelevanceCell proliferation is the multiplication or reproduction of cells, as a result of cell growth and cell division, resulting in the expansion of a cell population.
- Cell Cytotoxicity
- cell tracking
Emission and Excitation spectra for CytoPainter Cell Proliferation Staining Reagent – Green Fluorescence (ab176735).
Cell tracking assay with CytoPainter Cell Proliferation Staining Reagent - Green Fluorescence (ab176735) and CFSE. Jurkat cells (2x106 cells/mL) were stained with ab176735 or CFSE (0.5 µM) on Day 0. The cells were passed serially at 1:1 ratio for 9 days. Fluorescence intensity was measured with a flow cytometer in FL1 channel on the day after passage. Successive generations were represented by different colors.
Datasheets and documents
ab176735 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Akpe V et al. Profiling the Neoplasm Microenvironment of Silica Nanomaterial-Derived Scaffolds of Single, 2-, and 3-Composite Systems. Assay Drug Dev Technol 19:191-203 (2021). PubMed: 33471566
- Lester Sequiera G et al. Generation and Evaluation of Isogenic iPSC as a Source of Cell Replacement Therapies in Patients with Kearns Sayre Syndrome. Cells 10:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33807701
- Akpe V et al. Batch Effect Adjustment to Lower the Drug Attrition Rate of MCF-7 Breast Cancer Cells Exposed to Silica Nanomaterial-Derived Scaffolds. Assay Drug Dev Technol 19:46-61 (2021). PubMed: 33443468
- Yahn SL et al. Fibrotic scar after experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis inhibits oligodendrocyte differentiation. Neurobiol Dis 134:104674 (2020). PubMed: 31731043
- Nassour J et al. Autophagic cell death restricts chromosomal instability during replicative crisis. Nature 565:659-663 (2019). PubMed: 30675059