Product nameCell Tracking Dye Kit - Green - Cytopainter
See all Cell tracking kits
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
Cell Tracking Dye Kit - Green | Cytopainter (ab138891) is designed to uniformly label live cells for studies where multicolor analysis might be required, such as cell drug resistance, cell adhesion or chemotaxis. Dye can be visualized with a green filter (Ex/Em = 490/520 nm).
The labelling process is robust, requiring minimal hands-on time. This product can be used in different types of fluorescence platforms such as microplate assays, flow cytometry and fluorescence microscope.The kit provides all the essential components with an optimized cell-labelling protocol, and can be used for both proliferating and non-proliferating cells (either suspension or adherent cells).
Uniform labeling of live cells with a hydrophobic dye whose fluorescence is strongly enhanced upon entering the cell. Cellular esterases convert the substrate into a strong fluorescent photostable hydrophilic dye that is well retained in the cytoplasm. Cells need to be viewed in less than 24 - 48 hours as dye will be passed to daughter cells and not to adjacent cells in a population.
If you would like to track cells during several generations, we recommend CytoPainter Cell Proliferation Staining Reagent - Green Fluorescence (ab176735).
PlatformMicroplate reader, Fluor. microscope, Flow cyt.
ab138891 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Khatri R et al. Intrinsic D614G and P681R/H mutations in SARS-CoV-2 VoCs Alpha, Delta, Omicron and viruses with D614G plus key signature mutations in spike protein alters fusogenicity and infectivity. Med Microbiol Immunol 212:103-122 (2023). PubMed: 36583790
- Abdul Khaliq S et al. C-Peptide Promotes Cell Migration by Controlling Matrix Metallopeptidase-9 Activity Through Direct Regulation of ß-Catenin in Human Endometrial Stromal Cells. Front Cell Dev Biol 10:800181 (2022). PubMed: 35127683
- Morales-Guadarrama G et al. Endothelium-Dependent Induction of Vasculogenic Mimicry in Human Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Cells Is Inhibited by Calcitriol and Curcumin. Int J Mol Sci 23:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35887002
- Wierzbicki M et al. Diamond, graphite, and graphene oxide nanoparticles decrease migration and invasiveness in glioblastoma cell lines by impairing extracellular adhesion. Int J Nanomedicine 12:7241-7254 (2017). PubMed: 29042773
- Hassanein W et al. Recellularization via the bile duct supports functional allogenic and xenogenic cell growth on a decellularized rat liver scaffold. Organogenesis 13:16-27 (2017). PubMed: 28029279
- Alapan Y et al. Anisotropically Stiff 3D Micropillar Niche Induces Extraordinary Cell Alignment and Elongation. Adv Healthc Mater 5:1884-92 (2016). PubMed: 27191679
- Aimi F et al. Endothelial Rictor is crucial for midgestational development and sustained and extensive FGF2-induced neovascularization in the adult. Sci Rep 5:17705 (2015). Mouse . PubMed: 26635098