Key features and details
- Detection method: Fluorescent
Product nameComet Assay Kit (3-well slides)
See all DNA damage kits
Comet Assay Kit (3-well slides) (ab238544) is a fast and sensitive kit for the measurement of cellular DNA damage.
The Comet Assay is a single cell gel electrophoresis assay (SCGE) for simple evaluation of cellular DNA damage. It is a convenient way to screen for general DNA damage, regardless of the source or nature of the damage. Kits include Comet Slides, reagents, and a fluorescent dye to visualize cells under an epifluorescence microscope.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components 15 tests 75 tests 10X Lysis Solution 1 x 20ml 1 x 100ml 3-Well Comet Slides 1 x 5 slides 1 x 25 slides Comet Agarose 1 x 15ml 1 x 15ml EDTA Solution 1 x 50ml 1 x 250ml Vista Green DNA Dye, 10000X 1 x 5µl 1 x 5µl
ab238544 has been referenced in 29 publications.
- von Bülow V et al. Metabolic reprogramming of hepatocytes by Schistosoma mansoni eggs. JHEP Rep 5:100625 (2023). PubMed: 36590323
- Zhi W et al. Short-term starvation synergistically enhances cytotoxicity of Niraparib via Akt/mTOR signaling pathway in ovarian cancer therapy. Cancer Cell Int 22:18 (2022). PubMed: 35016681
- Keane S et al. DLG2 impairs dsDNA break repair and maintains genome integrity in neuroblastoma. DNA Repair (Amst) 112:103302 (2022). PubMed: 35217496
- Kang DY et al. Antitumor Effects of Natural Bioactive Ursolic Acid in Embryonic Cancer Stem Cells. J Oncol 2022:6737248 (2022). PubMed: 35222644
- Lorenzoni M et al. ETS-related gene (ERG) undermines genome stability in mouse prostate progenitors via Gsk3β dependent Nkx3.1 degradation. Cancer Lett 534:215612 (2022). PubMed: 35259458