Complex III Immunocapture Kit (ab109800)
Key features and details
- Assay type: Quantitative
Product nameComplex III Immunocapture Kit
See all Complex III kits
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
250 µg, 500 µg or 750 µg monoclonal antibodies irreversibly crosslinked to protein G-agarose beads which can immunocapture ~25 µg, ~50 µg or ~75 µg respectively of Complex III from heart mitochondria.
ab109800 Complex III Immunocapture Kit allows isolation of the ubiquinol-cytochrome c oxidoreductase complex from small amounts of tissue. This facilitates subsequent analysis of assembly state, activity and the extent of post translational modifications including oxidative damage that occur with aging. Uses for ab109800 include research on genetic mitochondrial disease, where complex III may have an additional role in the stabilization of complex I.
Note: The immunocapture protocol for this kit requires Abcam detergent lauryl maltoside (ab109857/MS910).
Review the mitochondrial assay guide, or the full metabolism assay guide to learn about more assays for metabolites, metabolic enzymes, mitochondrial function, and oxidative stress, and also how to assay metabolic function in live cells using your plate reader.
Components 250 µg monoclonal Complex III antibody irreversibly cross-linked to protein G-agarose beads 1 x 250µg
RelevanceComplex II (succinate-ubiquinone oxidoreductase), one of the mitochondrial respiratory chain complexes, transfers electrons from succinate generated during the citric acid cycle to Complex III (ubiquinolcytochrome c oxidoreductase), via a mobile electron shuttle, ubiquinone. Complex III transfers electrons to Complex IV (cytochrome c oxidase) via another mobile electron shuttle, cytochrome c.
- coenzyme Q : cytochrome c — oxidoreductase
- cytochrome bc1 complex
- Entrez Gene: 7384 Human
- Entrez Gene: 7385 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1537 Human
- Entrez Gene: 7386 Human
- Entrez Gene: 4519 Human
- Entrez Gene: 7381 Human
- Entrez Gene: 7388 Human
- Entrez Gene: 27089 Human
Complex III immunoprecipitation using antibody ab109862/MS301 crosslinked to protein G-agarose beads as product ab109800.
Datasheets and documents
ab109800 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Mei L et al. Rieske iron-sulfur protein induces FKBP12.6/RyR2 complex remodeling and subsequent pulmonary hypertension through NF-?B/cyclin D1 pathway. Nat Commun 11:3527 (2020). PubMed: 32669538
- Desmurs M et al. C11orf83, a mitochondrial cardiolipin-binding protein involved in bc1 complex assembly and supercomplex stabilization. Mol Cell Biol 35:1139-56 (2015). PubMed: 25605331
- Korde AS et al. Primary role of mitochondrial Rieske iron-sulfur protein in hypoxic ROS production in pulmonary artery myocytes. Free Radic Biol Med 50:945-52 (2011). PubMed: 21238580
- Munusamy S et al. Alteration of renal respiratory Complex-III during experimental type-1 diabetes. BMC Endocr Disord 9:2 (2009). PubMed: 19166612
- Schilling B et al. Proteomic analysis of succinate dehydrogenase and ubiquinol-cytochrome c reductase (Complex II and III) isolated by immunoprecipitation from bovine and mouse heart mitochondria. Biochim Biophys Acta 1762:213-22 (2006). PubMed: 16120479