Key features and details
- Assay type: Enzyme activity
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Sample type: Cell culture extracts, Tissue
Product nameComplex IV Human Specific Activity Microplate Assay Kit
See all Complex IV kits
Sample typeCell culture extracts, Tissue
Assay typeEnzyme activity
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
This rapid multiplexing microplate kit is used to determine both the activity and quantity of cytochrome c oxidase in a human sample with greater speed and simplicity. The ratio of the two is a measure of specific activity. The COX enzyme is immunocaptured within the wells of the microplate and the activity is determined by following the oxidation of reduced Cytochrome c colorimetrically by the absorbance change at 550 nm. Subsequently, in these same wells the quantity of the enzyme can then be determined by adding a COX specific detector antibody and the appropriate alkaline phophatase conjugated antibody; this phosphatase changes a substrate from colorless to yellow at 405 nm. This reaction takes place in a time dependent manner proportional to the amount of protein captured in the wells. Included in this kit for performance of the multiplexing assay are buffers, detergent, substrates, and 96-well microplate with monoclonal antibody pre-bound to the wells of the plate, allowing for a stream-lined assay.
Range of complex IV / cytochrome c oxidase assay kits
Biochemical assay - ab239711
Immunocapture with biochemical assay and ELISA - ab109910 (human) (this kit)
ELISA - ab179880 (human)
Other related products
Review the mitochondrial assay guide, or the full metabolism assay guide to learn about more assays for metabolites, metabolic enzymes, mitochondrial function, and oxidative stress, and also how to assay metabolic function in live cells using your plate reader.
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 96 tests 20X Buffer 1 x 15ml 96-well microplate (12 strips) 1 unit AP Development Reagent 1 x 400µl AP label 2500X Tube B 1 x 12µl Detector antibody Tube A 1 x 1ml Detergent 1 x 1ml Development buffer Tube 3 1 x 10ml Reagent C (Reduced Cytochrome c) 1 x 1ml Wash Buffer Tube 2 1 x 2ml
- Cytochrome c oxidase
- Cytochrome oxidase
ab109910 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Perez JM et al. Proteomic Analysis Reveals Low-Dose PARP Inhibitor-Induced Differential Protein Expression in BRCA1-Mutated High-Grade Serous Ovarian Cancer Cells. J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 33:242-250 (2022). PubMed: 34958553
- Yao PJ et al. Mitochondrial Electron Transport Chain Protein Abnormalities Detected in Plasma Extracellular Vesicles in Alzheimer's Disease. Biomedicines 9:N/A (2021). PubMed: 34829816
- Carling PJ et al. Deep phenotyping of peripheral tissue facilitates mechanistic disease stratification in sporadic Parkinson's disease. Prog Neurobiol 187:101772 (2020). PubMed: 32058042
- Richter F et al. ROMO1 is a constituent of the human presequence translocase required for YME1L protease import. J Cell Biol 218:598-614 (2019). PubMed: 30598479
- Aich A et al. COX16 promotes COX2 metallation and assembly during respiratory complex IV biogenesis. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29381136