Creatine Kinase Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab155901)
Key features and details
- Assay type: Enzyme activity
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Assay time: 1 hr
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Plasma, Serum, Suspension cells, Tissue, Tissue Homogenate
- Sensitivity: 1 mU/well
Product nameCreatine Kinase Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
Sample typeSerum, Plasma, Tissue, Adherent cells, Suspension cells, Tissue Homogenate
Assay typeEnzyme activity
Sensitivity< 1 mU/well
Range2 nmol/well - 10 nmol/well
Assay time1h 0m
Species reactivityReacts with: Mammals, Other species
Creatine Kinase Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric) ab155901 uses a high-throughput adaptable, simple and sensitive assay for creatine kinase (CK) activity.
In the creatine kinase assay protocol, creatine kinase (CK) converts creatine into phosphocreatine and ADP. The phosphocreatine and ADP then react with the CK enzyme mix to form an intermediate, which reduces a colorless probe to a colored product with strong absorbance at λ= 450 nm.
This assay kit can detect CK activity to less than 1 mU.
Creatine kinase assay protocol summary:
- add samples and standards to wells
- add reaction mix
- analyze every 1-2 min for 10-40 min with microplate reader in kinetic mode at 37ºC
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called K777 Creatine Kinase (CK) Activity Colorimetric Assay Kit. K777-100 is the same size as the 100 test size of ab155901.
Creatine Kinase (CK) also known as creatine phosphokinase (CPK) and ATP: creatine N-phosphotransferase is a common cellular enzyme (EC 184.108.40.206). It catalyzes the reversible conversion of creatine and ATP into ADP and phosphocreatine.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests ATP Orange 1 vial CK Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml CK Developer Red 1 vial CK Enzyme Mix Green 1 vial CK Positive Control Purple 1 vial CK Substrate Blue 1 x 1ml NADH Standard Yellow 1 vial
Creatine Kinase Activity measured in various samples.
Initial protein concentration for tissue lysates varied from 1 mg/mL to 3 mg/mL. 40 μl of filtered tissue lysates were used. 30 μl of filtered biological fluids were used.
Creatine kinase activities in blood samples from wildtype and Fbn2 null mice.
Mean +/- standard deviation for a given genotype and age is shown, except where only one animal was tested. N = number of animals tested. Units are nmol NADH/min/ml.
Typical NADH standard calibration curve using colorimetric reading.
Creatine kinase activity tested in 5 µl human serum and 192 ng rat heart lysate. Assay performed following kit protocol.
Datasheets and documents
ab155901 has been referenced in 46 publications.
- Wang YW et al. HIF-1a-regulated lncRNA-TUG1 promotes mitochondrial dysfunction and pyroptosis by directly binding to FUS in myocardial infarction. Cell Death Discov 8:178 (2022). PubMed: 35396503
- Younis NS ß-Caryophyllene Ameliorates Cyclophosphamide Induced Cardiac Injury: The Association of TLR4/NF?B and Nrf2/HO1/NQO1 Pathways. J Cardiovasc Dev Dis 9:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35621844
- Boulinguiez A et al. NR1D1 controls skeletal muscle calcium homeostasis through myoregulin repression. JCI Insight 7:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35917173
- Kalinich JF et al. Oxidative damage in metal fragment-embedded Sprague-Dawley rat gastrocnemius muscle. Curr Res Toxicol 3:100083 (2022). PubMed: 35935915
- Yang J et al. Synergetic protective effect of remote ischemic preconditioning and prolyl 4-hydroxylase inhibition in ischemic cardiac injury. Mol Med Rep 25:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35029283