Cytochrome c Apoptosis ICC Antibody Kit (ab110417)
Key features and details
- Assay type: Direct
- Detection method: Fluorescent
- Sample type: Adherent cells
Product nameCytochrome c Apoptosis ICC Antibody Kit
See all ApoTrack™ Cytochrome c Apoptosis kits
Sample typeAdherent cells
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Apoptotic cells which have released mitochondrial cytochrome c into the cytosol can be differentiated from non apoptotic cells which still retain cytochrome c in their mitochondria by fluorescence microscopy.
ab110417 (MSA07) contains a cytochrome c monoclonal antibody (50 µg) and an isotype-specific secondary antibody (50 µg) which has a fluorescein fluorophore conjugated to it. The kit also contains an ATP synthase V subunit alpha monoclonal antibody (50 µg) and the appropriate isotype-specific secondary antibody (50 µg) which has a Texas Red fluorophore conjugated to it.
ATP synthase is an inner mitochondrial membrane protein and serves as a mitochondrial marker since it is not released into the cytoplasm during apoptosis, unlike cytochrome c. Thus one is able to observe cytochrome c and a mitochondrial marker (ATP synthase subunit alpha) simultaneously by fluorescence microscopy using ab110417. Buffers and blocking solution for immunocytochemical analysis are also included in the kit.
This product was previously called ApoTrack™ Cytochrome c Apoptosis ICC Antibody Kit.
Other apoptosis assays
For more apoptosis assays, review the apoptosis assay and apoptosis marker guide.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 200 µg 100% normal goat serum 1 x 20ml 10X Buffer (10X PBS, pH 7.4) 1 x 100ml Anti-Complex Va monoclonal antibody clone 15H4C4 1 x 50µg Anti-Cytochrome c monoclonal antibody clone 37BA11 1 x 50µg Detergent (0.1% (v/v) Triton® X-100 in PBS) 1 x 30ml Goat anti-mouse IgG2a - FITC secondary antibody 1 x 50µg Goat anti-mouse IgG2b - TXRD secondary antibody 1 x 50µg
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab110417 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Datasheets and documents
ab110417 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Kang YJ et al. Administration of 4-hexylresorcinol increases p53-mediated transcriptional activity in oral cancer cells with the p53 mutation. Oncol Rep 48:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35856441
- Lee C et al. Ultrasmall Gd@Cdots as a radiosensitizing agent for non-small cell lung cancer. Nanoscale 13:9252-9263 (2021). PubMed: 33982686
- Zheng Y et al. Pinocembrin induces ER stress mediated apoptosis and suppresses autophagy in melanoma cells. Cancer Lett 431:31-42 (2018). PubMed: 29807112
- Ismail AM et al. Extra virgin olive oil potentiates the effects of aromatase inhibitors via glutathione depletion in estrogen receptor-positive human breast cancer (MCF-7) cells. Food Chem Toxicol 62:817-24 (2013). Human . PubMed: 24161488
- Napolitano M et al. 17ß-Estradiol protects cerebellar granule cells against ß-amyloid-induced toxicity via the apoptotic mitochondrial pathway. Neurosci Lett N/A:N/A (2013). PubMed: 24287378
- Zhang Y et al. The mitochondrial pathway of anesthetic isoflurane-induced apoptosis. J Biol Chem 285:4025-37 (2010). PubMed: 20007710
- Wood-Kaczmar A et al. PINK1 is necessary for long term survival and mitochondrial function in human dopaminergic neurons. PLoS One 3:e2455 (2008). PubMed: 18560593
- Liekens S et al. The nucleotide analog cidofovir suppresses basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF2) expression and signaling and induces apoptosis in FGF2-overexpressing endothelial cells. Mol Pharmacol 71:695-703 (2007). PubMed: 17158200
- Lagna G et al. BMP-dependent activation of caspase-9 and caspase-8 mediates apoptosis in pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 291:L1059-67 (2006). PubMed: 17030903