Product nameDAPI Staining Solution
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
DAPI Staining Solution (ab228549) is a fluorescent stain for labeling DNA in fluorescence microscopy. Since DAPI passes through an intact cell membrane, it can be used to stain live cells and fixed cells.
Molecular Weight: 350.25
DAPI’s absorption maximum when bound to double-stranded DNA is at 358 nm and its emission maximum is at 461 nm. Although is not as strongly fluorescent as when bound to DNA, it also binds to RNA, shifting its emission to around 500 nm.
DAPI's blue emission is convenient for multiplexing assays since there is very little fluorescence overlap between DAPI and green-fluorescent molecules like FITC and green fluorescent protein (GFP), or red-fluorescent stains like Texas Red.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 2 ml DAPI (10 mM solution in water) 1 x 2ml
ab228549 has been referenced in 119 publications.
- Di Pizio A et al. A conditional null allele of Dync1h1 enables targeted analyses of dynein roles in neuronal length sensing. J Cell Sci 136:N/A (2023). PubMed: 36218033
- Kagan BJ et al. In vitro neurons learn and exhibit sentience when embodied in a simulated game-world. Neuron 110:3952-3969.e8 (2022). PubMed: 36228614
- Ding H et al. Polydatin Ameliorates High Fructose-Induced Podocyte Oxidative Stress via Suppressing HIF-1α/NOX4 Pathway. Pharmaceutics 14:N/A (2022). PubMed: 36297636
- Guo B et al. Salidroside attenuates HALI via IL-17A-mediated ferroptosis of alveolar epithelial cells by regulating Act1-TRAF6-p38 MAPK pathway. Cell Commun Signal 20:183 (2022). PubMed: 36411467
- Li L et al. Spatially resolved proteomics via tissue expansion. Nat Commun 13:7242 (2022). PubMed: 36450705