Product nameElastic Stain Kit (Verhoeff Van Gieson / EVG Stain)
Elastic Stain Kit ab150667 uses a modified Verhoeff's Van Gieson / EVG stain to stain elastic fibers / elastin in tissue sections in histology. Staining of elastic tissue is useful in cases of emphysema (atrophy of elastic tissue), arteriosclerosis (thinning and loss of elastic fibers) and various other vascular diseases.
Other products for staining tissue sections
Find more kits and reagents in the special stains guide, or products for antigen retrieval, blocking, signal amplification, visualization, counterstaining, and mounting in the IHC kits and reagents guide.
Elastic fibers Black to Blue/Black Nuclei Blue to Black Collagen Red Muscle & Other Yellow
Control Tissue: Lung or any vascular tissue.
Storage instructionsStore at room temperature. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests Ferric Chloride (2%) Differentiating Solution 1 x 125ml Ferric Chloride Solution (10%) 1 x 125ml Hematoxylin solution (5%) 1 x 250ml Lugol's Iodine Solution 1 x 125ml Sodium Thiosulfate Solution (5%) 1 x 125ml Van Gieson's Solution 1 x 125ml
ab150667 Elastic Stain Kit (Connective Tissue Stain) staining formalin-fixed-paraffin embedded human artery.
ab150667 (Elastic (connective tissue stain)) staining elastic fibres (blue/black) and collagen (red/pink) in formalin fixed paraffin embedded normal human lung. Muscle and other tissues appear yellow.
*Tissue obtained from the Human Research Tissue Bank, supported by the NIHR Cambridge Biomedical Research Centre.
Staining of Uterus with ab150667 - Elastic Stain Kit (Modified Verhoff's).
ab150667 has been referenced in 27 publications.
- Hu BA et al. PGF2a-FP Receptor Ameliorates Senescence of VSMCs in Vascular Remodeling by Src/PAI-1 Signal Pathway. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2022:2908261 (2022). PubMed: 35126810
- Daoud F et al. YAP and TAZ in Vascular Smooth Muscle Confer Protection Against Hypertensive Vasculopathy. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 42:428-443 (2022). PubMed: 35196875
- Hou M et al. Dominant role of in situ native cartilage niche for determining the cartilage type regenerated by BMSCs. Bioact Mater 13:149-160 (2022). PubMed: 35224298
- Fu Y et al. Integrative analysis of key microRNA-mRNA complexes and pathways in aortic aneurysm. Ann Transl Med 10:358 (2022). PubMed: 35433971
- Bunting MD et al. Extracellular matrix proteins regulate NK cell function in peripheral tissues. Sci Adv 8:eabk3327 (2022). PubMed: 35294229