Key features and details
- Assay type: Quantitative
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Assay time: 1 hr 30 min
- Sample type: Cell Lysate, Plasma, Serum, Tissue Lysate, Urine
- Sensitivity: 1 nmol/well
Product nameGriess reagent
Sample typeUrine, Serum, Plasma, Cell Lysate, Tissue Lysate
Assay time1h 30m
Griess Reagent Kit ab234044 uses a classic protocol for the estimation of nitrite in biological samples.
Nitrite is reduced to nitrogen oxide using Griess Reagent I. Nitrogen oxide then reacts with Griess Reagent II forming a stable product that can be detected by its absorbance at 540 nm.
The two-step assay is simple, fast and can detect nitrite levels as low as 1 nmol/well.
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called K544 Nitrite Assay Kit (Griess Reagent). K544-200 is the same size as the 200 test size of ab234044.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 200 tests 500 tests 1000 tests Griess Reagent I 1 x 10ml 1 x 25ml 1 x 50ml Griess Reagent II 1 x 10ml 1 x 25ml 1 x 50ml Nitrite Assay Buffer 1 x 30ml 1 x 75ml 1 x 150ml Nitrite Standard 1 vial 1 vial 1 vial
Datasheets and documents
ab234044 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Patel B et al. Inhibition of mitochondrial fission and iNOS in the dorsal vagal complex protects from overeating and weight gain. Mol Metab 43:101123 (2021). PubMed: 33227495
- Varghese MV et al. Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency contributes to metabolic abnormality and pulmonary hypertension. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 320:L508-L521 (2021). PubMed: 33502933
- Lee W et al. The Decursin Analog, CYJ-27, Suppresses Inflammation Via the Downregulation of NF-?B and STAT-1. J Med Food 24:852-859 (2021). PubMed: 34382871
- Barmaki S et al. A Microfluidic Chip Architecture Enabling a Hypoxic Microenvironment and Nitric Oxide Delivery in Cell Culture. Micromachines (Basel) 11:N/A (2020). PubMed: 33143339
- Liu Y et al. Lactoferrin-induced myeloid-derived suppressor cell therapy attenuates pathologic inflammatory conditions in newborn mice. J Clin Invest 129:4261-4275 (2019). PubMed: 31483289