Key features and details
- Assay type: Quantitative
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Assay time: 1 hr
- Sample type: Cell culture media, Cell Lysate, Other biological fluids, Plasma, Serum, Tissue Extracts, Urine
- Sensitivity: 0.04 µM
Product nameHydrogen Peroxide Assay Kit
See all Hydrogen Peroxide kits
Sample typeUrine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts, Cell Lysate, Cell culture media
Sensitivity> 0.04 µM
Assay time1h 00m
Hydrogen Peroxide Assay Kit ab102500 is a highly sensitive, simple, direct and HTS-ready colorimetric and fluorometric assay for measuring H2O2 in biological samples.
In the hydrogen peroxide assay protocol, horse radish peroxidase (HRP) reacts with a probe and H2O2 to produce a product with color (λmax = 570 nm) and red-fluorescence (Ex/Em=535/587 nm).
The detection limit is 2 pmol per assay (or 40 nM concentration) of H2O2 in the sensitive fluorometric assay.
Hydrogen peroxide assay protocol summary:
- add standards and samples to wells
- add reaction mix and incubate for 10 min
- analyze with microplate reader
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called K265 Hydrogen Peroxide Colorimetric/Fluorometric Assay Kit. K265-200 is the same size as the 200 test size of ab102500.
The kit can perform 200 reactions by fluorometric method or 100 reactions by colorimetric method.
Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) is a reactive oxygen metabolic byproduct that serves as a key regulator for a number of oxidative stress-related states. Functioning through NF-kappaB and other factors, hydroperoxide-mediated pathways have been linked to asthma, inflammatory arthritis, atherosclerosis, diabetic vasculopathy, osteoporosis, neuro-degenerative diseases, Down's syndrome and immune system diseases.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 200 tests Assay Buffer XVIII 1 x 25ml H2O2 Standard 1 x 0.1ml Developer Solution V 1 unit OxiRed™ Probe 1 x 200µl
RelevanceHydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) is a reactive oxygen metabolic byproduct that serves as a key regulator for a number of oxidative stress-related states. Functioning through NF-kB and other factors, hydroperoxide-mediated pathways have been linked to asthma, inflammatory arthritis, atherosclerosis, diabetic vasculopathy, osteoporosis, neuro-degenerative diseases, Down’s syndrome and immune system diseases.
H2O2 neutralization of of Bursaphelenchus sp. isolates (high virulence B. xylophilus Ka4 and B. xylophilus T4, and low virulence B. xylophilus C14-5 and B. mucronatus Un1) after 24 hours exposition to H2O2.
Error bars represent standard deviation. Different letters above the columns indicate significant differences (p < 0.05) between Bursaphelenchus sp. isolates H2O2 neutralization, according to post-hoc Duncan's test.
H2O2 Fluorimetric Standard Curve
H2O2 Colorimetric Standard Curve
ab102500 has been referenced in 82 publications.
- Klopotowska M et al. PRDX-1 Supports the Survival and Antitumor Activity of Primary and CAR-Modified NK Cells under Oxidative Stress. Cancer Immunol Res 10:228-244 (2022). PubMed: 34853030
- Che H et al. Rebalance of the Polyamine Metabolism Suppresses Oxidative Stress and Delays Senescence in Nucleus Pulposus Cells. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2022:8033353 (2022). PubMed: 35178160
- Younis NS ß-Caryophyllene Ameliorates Cyclophosphamide Induced Cardiac Injury: The Association of TLR4/NF?B and Nrf2/HO1/NQO1 Pathways. J Cardiovasc Dev Dis 9:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35621844
- Stork BA et al. Methodology for measuring oxidative capacity of isolated peroxisomes in the Seahorse assay. J Biol Methods 9:e160 (2022). PubMed: 35733440
- Al Omran AJ et al. Dihydromyricetin ameliorates social isolation-induced anxiety by modulating mitochondrial function, antioxidant enzymes, and BDNF. Neurobiol Stress 21:100499 (2022). PubMed: 36532369