Key features and details
- Assay type: Enzyme activity
- Platform: Flow cytometer, Fluorescence microscope
- Assay time: 2 hr
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Product namepan Caspase (active) FITC Staining Kit
See all Caspase kits
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay typeEnzyme activity
Assay time2h 00m
Abcam's Fluorescein Caspase Staining Kit provides a convenient and sensitive means for detecting activated caspases in living cells. The assay utilizes the caspase family inhibitor VAD-FMK conjugated to FITC (FITC-VAD-FMK) as a marker. FITC-VAD-FMK is cell permeable, nontoxic, and irreversibly binds to activated caspases in apoptotic cells.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called K180 CaspGLOW™ Fluorescein Active Caspase Staining Kit. K180-100 is the same size as the 100 test size of ab65611.
Activation of caspases plays a central role in apoptosis.
Other caspase and apoptosis assays
PlatformFlow cytometer, Fluorescence microscope
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests FITC-VAD-FMK 1 x 100µl Wash Buffer 2 x 100ml Z-VAD-FMK 1 x 10µl
RelevanceCaspases are members of the cysteine-aspartic acid protease (caspase) family. Sequential activation of caspases plays a central role in the execution-phase of cell apoptosis. Caspases exist as inactive proenzymes which undergo proteolytic processing at conserved aspartic residues to produce 2 subunits, large and small, that dimerize to form the active enzyme.
ab65611 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Zhong MC et al. SLAM family receptors control pro-survival effectors in germinal center B cells to promote humoral immunity. J Exp Med 218:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33237304
- Béguelin W et al. Mutant EZH2 Induces a Pre-malignant Lymphoma Niche by Reprogramming the Immune Response. Cancer Cell 37:655-673.e11 (2020). PubMed: 32396861
- Litzler LC et al. PRMT5 is essential for B cell development and germinal center dynamics. Nat Commun 10:22 (2019). PubMed: 30604754
- Moraya AI et al. Novel glycolipid agents for killing cisplatin-resistant human epithelial ovarian cancer cells. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 36:67 (2017). PubMed: 28499442