Key features and details
- Assay time: 45 min
- Sample type: Tissue sections
Product namePeriodic Acid Schiff (PAS) Stain Kit (Mucin Stain)
Sample typeTissue sections
Assay time0h 45m
The Periodic Acid Schiff (PAS) Stain Kit (Mucin Stain) is intended for use in histological demonstration of lymphocytes and mucopolysaccharides. The staining pattern of the lymphocytes are helpful in making therapeutic decisions in established cases of lymphocytic leukemia. The PAS reaction in tissue sections is useful for the demonstration of mucopolysaccharides. PAS staining may also be used for the demonstration of fungal organisms in tissue sections.
PAS staining protocol summary:
- deparaffinize sections (if necessary) and hydrate
- immerse slide in PAS solution for 5-10 min
- rinse 4 times with water
- immerse slide in Schiff's solution for 15-30 min and rinse
- stain slide with Hematoxylin for 2-3 min and rinse
- incubate in Bluing reagent for 30 s and rinse
- incubate in Light Green Solution for 2 min and rinse
- dehydrate with alcohol, clear and mount
Other products for staining tissue sections
Find more kits and reagents in the special stains guide, or products for antigen retrieval, blocking, signal amplification, visualization, counterstaining, and mounting in the IHC kits and reagents guide.
Fungal Organisms Magenta PAS Positive Material Magenta Nuclei Black/Blue Other Tissue Components Green/Blue
Control Tissue: Kidney, Intestine, Liver.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests Bluing Reagent 1 x 125ml Hematoxylin (Modified Mayer's Solution) 1 x 125ml Light Green Solution 1 x 125ml Periodic acid solution 1 x 250ml Schiff's solution 1 x 250ml
ab150680 Periodic Acid Schiff (PAS) Stain Kit (Mucin Stain) staining formalin-fixed-paraffin embedded human kidney. Showing fungal organisms (magenta), PAS Positive Material (Magenta), Nuclei (Black/Blue) and other tissue components (Green/Blue).
Staining of Intestine using ab150680 - Periodic Acid Schiff (PAS) Stain Kit. Showing fungal organisms (magenta), PAS Positive Material (Magenta), Nuclei (Black/Blue) and other tissue components (Green/Blue).
ab150680 has been referenced in 68 publications.
- Montinaro A et al. Potent pro-apoptotic combination therapy is highly effective in a broad range of cancers. Cell Death Differ 29:492-503 (2022). PubMed: 34535764
- Chen TH et al. Oligosaccharides Ameliorate Acute Kidney Injury by Alleviating Cluster of Differentiation 44-Mediated Immune Responses in Renal Tubular Cells. Nutrients 14:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35215410
- Pei J et al. Progesterone Attenuates SIRT1-Deficiency-Mediated Pre-Eclampsia. Biomolecules 12:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35327614
- Verdone BM et al. A mouse model with widespread expression of the C9orf72-linked glycine-arginine dipeptide displays non-lethal ALS/FTD-like phenotypes. Sci Rep 12:5644 (2022). PubMed: 35379876
- Hong HJ et al. Thermoresponsive fiber-based microwells capable of formation and retrieval of salivary gland stem cell spheroids for the regeneration of irradiation-damaged salivary glands. J Tissue Eng 13:20417314221085645 (2022). PubMed: 35422983