(-)-Bicuculline methiodide, GABAA antagonist (ab120108)
Key features and details
- GABAA antagonist
- CAS Number: 40709-69-1
- Soluble in water to 10 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product name(-)-Bicuculline methiodide, GABAA antagonist
Chemical name[S-(R*,S*)]-5-(6,8-Dihydro-8-oxofuro[3,4-e]-1,3-benzodioxol-6-yl)-5,6,7,8-tetrahydro-6,6-dimethyl-1,3-dioxolo[4,5-g]isoquinolinium iodide
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. It is important to note that this product is reported to be light sensitive. Store In the Dark. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 10 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
To be used on the same day after reconstitution.
Toxic, refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120108 has been referenced in 29 publications.
- Yong XLH et al. Regulation of NMDA receptor trafficking and gating by activity-dependent CaMKIIa phosphorylation of the GluN2A subunit. Cell Rep 36:109338 (2021). PubMed: 34233182
- Conde-Dusman MJ et al. Control of protein synthesis and memory by GluN3A-NMDA receptors through inhibition of GIT1/mTORC1 assembly. Elife 10:N/A (2021). PubMed: 34787081
- Kumar R et al. Astrocytic Regulation of Synchronous Bursting in Cortical Cultures: From Local to Global. Cereb Cortex Commun 1:tgaa053 (2020). PubMed: 34296118
- Booker SA et al. Presynaptic GABAB receptors functionally uncouple somatostatin interneurons from the active hippocampal network. Elife 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32073397
- Garay PM et al. RAI1 Regulates Activity-Dependent Nascent Transcription and Synaptic Scaling. Cell Rep 32:108002 (2020). PubMed: 32783930