Key features and details
- Non-competitive NMDA antagonist
- CAS Number: 77086-22-7
- Soluble in water to 25 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product name(+)-MK 801 maleate (Dizocilpine), Non-competitive NMDA antagonist
DescriptionNon-competitive NMDA antagonist
Potent, selective non-competitive NMDA receptor antagonist. Open channel blocker of the NMDA receptor operated ion channel.
Also available in simple stock solutions (ab144485) - add 1 ml of water to get an exact, ready-to-use concentration.
Chemical name(5S,10R)-(+)-5-Methyl-10,11-dihydro-5H-dibenzo[a,d]cyclohepten-5,10-imine maleate
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 25 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Toxic, refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
2D chemical structure image of ab120027, (+)-MK 801 maleate (Dizocilpine), Non-competitive NMDA antagonist
CDPPB does not influence spontaneous locomotor activity but attenuates MK-801-induced hyperlocomotion. Animals were injected (s.c./i.p.) with PBS/Vehicle (0/0), 0.2 mg/kg MK-801/Vehicle (0.2/0), 0.2 mg/kg MK-801/3 mg/kg CDPPB (0.2/3) or 0.2 mg/kg MK-801/10 mg/kg CDPPB (0.2/10) 20 minutes before being placed in the activity chamber. Activity was recorded for 30 minutes. Data are expressed as mean ± SEM of distance traveled (n=6-7). **p<0.01 vs. 0.2 mg/kg MK-801/Vehicle group (One-way ANOVA, Bonferroni’s posttest).
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120027 has been referenced in 42 publications.
- Kayir H et al. Clozapine Increases Nestin Concentration in the Adult Male Rat Hippocampus: A Preliminary Study. Int J Mol Sci 23:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35408792
- Pampaloni NP et al. Slow AMPA receptors in hippocampal principal cells. Cell Rep 36:109496 (2021). PubMed: 34348150
- Lee GS et al. Behavioral and Neuroanatomical Consequences of Cell-Type Specific Loss of Dopamine D2 Receptors in the Mouse Cerebral Cortex. Front Behav Neurosci 15:815713 (2021). PubMed: 35095443
- Wang EY & Lai TW Drug-Induced Hyperglycemia as a Potential Contributor to Translational Failure of Uncompetitive NMDA Receptor Antagonists. eNeuro 8:N/A (2021). PubMed: 34862204
- Chen J et al. Nicotine Suppresses the Invasiveness of Human Trophoblasts by Downregulation of CXCL12 Expression through the Alpha-7 Subunit of the Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor. Reprod Sci 27:916-924 (2020). PubMed: 31933163