Key features and details
- Selective TBK1 and IKKε inhibitor
- CAS Number: 68302-57-8
- Purity: > 99%
- Soluble in DMSO to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameAmlexanox, TBK1 and IKKepsilon inhibitor
DescriptionSelective TBK1 and IKKε inhibitor
Selective TBK1 and IKKε inhibitor (IC50 = 1-2 μM). Shows antiallergic, antiobesogenic and anti-inflammatory effects in vivo. Orally active.
Chemical name2-Amino-7-(1-methylethyl)-5-oxo-5H-benzopyrano[2,3-b]pyridine-3-carboxylic acid
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Refer to SDS for further information
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab142825 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Zhao P et al. The TBK1/IKKe inhibitor amlexanox improves dyslipidemia and prevents atherosclerosis. JCI Insight 7:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35917178
- Sawaged S et al. TBK1 and GABARAP family members suppress Coxsackievirus B infection by limiting viral production and promoting autophagic degradation of viral extracellular vesicles. PLoS Pathog 18:e1010350 (2022). PubMed: 36044516
- Adzika GK et al. Amlexanox and Forskolin Prevents Isoproterenol-Induced Cardiomyopathy by Subduing Cardiomyocyte Hypertrophy and Maladaptive Inflammatory Responses. Front Cell Dev Biol 9:719351 (2021). PubMed: 34631707
- Adzika GK et al. Isoproterenol-Induced Cardiomyopathy Recovery Intervention: Amlexanox and Forskolin Enhances the Resolution of Catecholamine Stress-Induced Maladaptive Myocardial Remodeling. Front Cardiovasc Med 8:719805 (2021). PubMed: 34901202
- Eintracht J et al. Translational readthrough of ciliopathy genes BBS2 and ALMS1 restores protein, ciliogenesis and function in patient fibroblasts. EBioMedicine 70:103515 (2021). PubMed: 34365092
- Huh JY et al. TANK-Binding Kinase 1 Regulates the Localization of Acyl-CoA Synthetase ACSL1 to Control Hepatic Fatty Acid Oxidation. Cell Metab 32:1012-1027.e7 (2020). PubMed: 33152322
- Hansen IS et al. FcaRI co-stimulation converts human intestinal CD103+dendritic cells into pro-inflammatory cells through glycolytic reprogramming. Nat Commun 9:863 (2018). PubMed: 29491406
- McCarthy GM et al. Chronic ethanol consumption: role of TLR3/TRIF-dependent signaling. Addict Biol 23:889-903 (2018). PubMed: 28840972
- Zhao P et al. TBK1 at the Crossroads of Inflammation and Energy Homeostasis in Adipose Tissue. Cell 172:731-743.e12 (2018). PubMed: 29425491