Key features and details
- mGlu7 agonist
- CAS Number: 97075-46-2
- Soluble in water to 5 mM, in ethanol to 1 mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameAMN082 dihydrochloride, mGlu7 agonist
Potent, selective, orally active and brain penetrant mGlu7 receptor agonist. Potently inhibits cAMP accumulation and stimulates GTP binding (EC50 = 64-290 nM) in mGluR7 transfected cells. Selective over mGlu1, 2, 3, 4,5, 6, and 8, ionotropic receptors (up to 10 μM). Elevates plasma stress hormones in vivo. Induces mGlu7 receptor internalisation in dissociated hippocampal neurones.
Chemical nameN,N'-Dibenzhydrylethane-1,2-diamine dihydrochloride
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 5 mM, in ethanol to 1 mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Toxic, refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
ab120011 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Vatankhah M et al. AMN082-a metabotropic glutamate receptor type 7 allosteric agonist in the NAc facilitates extinction and inhibits the reinstatement of morphine-induced conditioned place preference in male rats. Brain Res Bull 140:28-33 (2018). PubMed: 29605484
- Bragina L et al. Differential expression of metabotropic glutamate and GABA receptors at neocortical glutamatergic and GABAergic axon terminals. Front Cell Neurosci 9:345 (2015). PubMed: 26388733
- Klakotskaia D et al. Effects of group II and III metabotropic glutamate receptor ligands on conditioned taste aversion learning. Behav Brain Res 253:9-16 (2013). PubMed: 23827202
- Wieronska JM et al. Opposing efficacy of group III mGlu receptor activators, LSP1-2111 and AMN082, in animal models of positive symptoms of schizophrenia. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 220:481-94 (2012). PubMed: 21952670
- Sukoff Rizzo SJ et al. The metabotropic glutamate receptor 7 allosteric modulator AMN082: a monoaminergic agent in disguise? J Pharmacol Exp Ther 338:345-52 (2011). PubMed: 21508084