Angiotensin II (human), Vasoconstrictor peptide (ab120183)
Key features and details
- Vasoconstrictor peptide
- CAS Number: 4474-91-3
- Soluble in water to 1mg/ml
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameAngiotensin II (human), Vasoconstrictor peptide
Endogenous peptide involved in body water and electrolyte homeostasis, blood pressure, cyclicity of reproductive hormones and sexual behaviours, and the regulation of pituitary gland hormones.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 1mg/ml
This product is supplied in one (or more) pack size which is freeze dried. Therefore the contents may not be readily visible, as they can coat the bottom or walls of the vial. Please see our FAQs and information page for more details on handling.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one week. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120183 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Guo J et al. Metformin protects against abdominal aortic aneurysm by Atg7-induced autophagy. Adv Clin Exp Med 31:59-69 (2022). PubMed: 34714980
- Xue H et al. RIP3 Contributes to Cardiac Hypertrophy by Influencing MLKL-Mediated Calcium Influx. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2022:5490553 (2022). PubMed: 35464769
- Liu J et al. Effects of angiotensin II combined with asparaginase and dexamethasone on the femoral head in mice: A model of steroid-induced femoral head osteonecrosis. Front Cell Dev Biol 10:975879 (2022). PubMed: 36187471
- Wang D et al. Quercetin inhibits angiotensin II-induced vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and activation of JAK2/STAT3 pathway: A target based networking pharmacology approach. Front Pharmacol 13:1002363 (2022). PubMed: 36324691
- Wang L et al. Adropin inhibits the phenotypic modulation and proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cells during neointimal hyperplasia by activating the AMPK/ACC signaling pathway. Exp Ther Med 21:560 (2021). PubMed: 33850532