Bisbenzimide H 33342 (Hoechst 33342), adenine-thymine selective DNA fluorescent stain (ab145597)
Key features and details
- Cell-permeable, adenine-thymine selective DNA fluorescent stain. DNA minor groove-directed agent.
- CAS Number: 23491-52-3
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in water to 75 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameBisbenzimide H 33342 (Hoechst 33342), adenine-thymine selective DNA fluorescent stain
DescriptionCell-permeable, adenine-thymine selective DNA fluorescent stain. DNA minor groove-directed agent.
- Hoechst 33342
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called 2179 bisBenzimide H 33342. 2179-100 is the same size as the 100 mg size of ab145597.
Chemical name2-(4-Ethoxyphenyl)-6-[6-(4-methylpiperazin-1-yl)-1H-benzimidazol-2-yl]-1H-benzimidazole trihydrochloride
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 75 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
Datasheets and documents
ab145597 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Cambuli F et al. Intra-epithelial non-canonical Activin A signaling safeguards prostate progenitor quiescence. EMBO Rep 23:e54049 (2022). PubMed: 35253958
- Lorenzoni M et al. ETS-related gene (ERG) undermines genome stability in mouse prostate progenitors via Gsk3β dependent Nkx3.1 degradation. Cancer Lett 534:215612 (2022). PubMed: 35259458
- Rodríguez-Nuevo A et al. Oocytes maintain ROS-free mitochondrial metabolism by suppressing complex I. Nature 607:756-761 (2022). PubMed: 35859172
- Fahkrajang W et al. Bovine respiratory coronavirus enhances bacterial adherence by upregulating expression of cellular receptors on bovine respiratory epithelial cells. Vet Microbiol 255:109017 (2021). PubMed: 33639390
- McCulloch A et al. Endothelialized silicone aneurysm models for in vitro evaluation of flow diverters. J Neurointerv Surg N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 33106319