Calcein AM, fluorescent dye for cell viability (ab141420)
Key features and details
- Cell-permeable fluorescent dye for determining cell viability
- CAS Number: 148504-34-1
- Purity: > 96%
- Soluble in DMSO
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameCalcein AM, fluorescent dye for cell viability
DescriptionCell-permeable fluorescent dye for determining cell viability
[9H]xanthene]-2',7'-diyl]bis(methylene)]bis[N-[2-[(acetyloxy)methoxy]-2-oxoethyl]-glycine 1,1'-bis[(acetyloxy)methyl] ester
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. It is important to note that this product is reported to be light sensitive. Store In the Dark. Store under desiccating conditions.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
For more information on AM esters please visit our AM esters FAQ page.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab141420 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Song C et al. Generation of individualized immunocompatible endothelial cells from HLA-I-matched human pluripotent stem cells. Stem Cell Res Ther 13:48 (2022). PubMed: 35109922
- Hall AE et al. RNA splicing is a key mediator of tumour cell plasticity and a therapeutic vulnerability in colorectal cancer. Nat Commun 13:2791 (2022). PubMed: 35589755
- Weng X et al. Targeted delivery and ROS-responsive release of Resolvin D1 by platelet chimeric liposome ameliorates myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury. J Nanobiotechnology 20:454 (2022). PubMed: 36266658
- Derici GE et al. Antidiabetic activities of Bolanthus spergulifolius (Caryophyllaceae) extracts on insulin-resistant 3T3-L1 adipocytes. PLoS One 16:e0252707 (2021). PubMed: 34133443
- Zhang Q et al. Adjustable and ultrafast light-cured hyaluronic acid hydrogel: promoting biocompatibility and cell growth. J Mater Chem B 8:5441-5450 (2020). PubMed: 32555786