Chloroquine diphosphate, apoptosis and autophagy inhibitor (ab142116)
Key features and details
- Antimalarial; apoptosis and autophagy inhibitor
- CAS Number: 50-63-5
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in water to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameChloroquine diphosphate, apoptosis and autophagy inhibitor
DescriptionAntimalarial; apoptosis and autophagy inhibitor
Antimalarial agent. Inhibits tumor cell growth and metastasis and induces apoptosis in vitro. Binds to Fe(II)-protoporphyrin IX (FP) to form FP-chloroquine complex resulting in cell lysis and parasite cell autodigestion.
Chemical nameN4-(7-Chloroquinolin-4-yl)-N1,N1-diethylpentane-1,4-diamine diphosphate
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
- Orphan Nuclear Receptors
ab240635 staining SQSTM1 in wild-type Hap1 cells and SQSTM1 knockout Hap1 cells treated with chloroquine (ab142116, 50μM for 24 hrs). The cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5 min) then permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 for 5 minutes and then blocked with 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated with ab240635 at 1μg/ml concentration and ab7291 (Mouse monoclonal to alpha Tubulin) at 1/1000 dilution overnight at 4°C followed by a further incubation at room temperature for 1h with a goat secondary antibody to rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab150081) at 2 μg/ml (shown in green) and a goat secondary antibody to mouse IgG (Alexa Fluor® 594) (ab150120) at 2 μg/ml (shown in red). Nuclear DNA was labelled in blue with DAPI.
Image was taken with a confocal microscope (Leica-Microsystems TCS SP8).
2D chemical structure image of ab142116, Chloroquine diphosphate, apoptosis and autophagy inhibitor
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab142116 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Frietze KK et al. Lipotoxicity reduces DDX58/Rig-1 expression and activity leading to impaired autophagy and cell death. Autophagy 18:142-160 (2022). PubMed: 33966599
- Alsamri H et al. Carnosol Induces p38-Mediated ER Stress Response and Autophagy in Human Breast Cancer Cells. Front Oncol 12:911615 (2022). PubMed: 35712465
- Alsamri H et al. Carnosol Is a Novel Inhibitor of p300 Acetyltransferase in Breast Cancer. Front Oncol 11:664403 (2021). PubMed: 34055630
- Si L et al. A human-airway-on-a-chip for the rapid identification of candidate antiviral therapeutics and prophylactics. Nat Biomed Eng 5:815-829 (2021). PubMed: 33941899
- Xiang C et al. Intestinal microbiota modulates adrenomedullary response through Nod1 sensing in chromaffin cells. iScience 24:102849 (2021). PubMed: 34381974