Colchicine from Colchicum autumnale, microtubule formation inhibitor (ab120663)
Key features and details
- Inhibitor of microtubule formation
- CAS Number: 64-86-8
- Purity: > 99%
- Soluble in water to 10 mM, in ethanol to 100 mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Colchicum autumnale
Product nameColchicine from Colchicum autumnale, microtubule formation inhibitor
DescriptionInhibitor of microtubule formation
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 10 mM, in ethanol to 100 mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Toxic, refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120663 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Pinto AP et al. IL-6 deletion decreased REV-ERBα protein and influenced autophagy and mitochondrial markers in the skeletal muscle after acute exercise. Front Immunol 13:953272 (2022). PubMed: 36311768
- Pinto AP et al. Impact of Different Physical Exercises on the Expression of Autophagy Markers in Mice. Int J Mol Sci 22:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33807902
- da Rocha AL et al. Moderate, but Not Excessive, Training Attenuates Autophagy Machinery in Metabolic Tissues. Int J Mol Sci 21:N/A (2020). PubMed: 33182536