CPCCOEt, mGlu1 antagonist (ab120060)
Key features and details
- Selective, non-competitive mGlu1 antagonist
- CAS Number: 179067-99-3
- Soluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 5 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameCPCCOEt, mGlu1 antagonist
DescriptionSelective, non-competitive mGlu1 antagonist
Potent, selective non-competitive mGlu1 metabotropic glutamate receptor antagonist (IC50 = 6.5 μM at hmGluR1 with no activity at hmGluR2, -4a, -5a, -7b, and -8a up to 100 μM).
Chemical name(E)-Ethyl 1,1a,7,7a-tetrahydro-7-(hydroxyimino)cyclopropa[b]chromene-1a-carboxylate
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 5 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120060 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Droste D et al. Ca2+-permeable AMPA receptors in mouse olfactory bulb astrocytes. Sci Rep 7:44817 (2017). PubMed: 28322255
- Yang Y & Xu-Friedman MA Different pools of glutamate receptors mediate sensitivity to ambient glutamate in the cochlear nucleus. J Neurophysiol 113:3634-45 (2015). PubMed: 25855696
- Ledonne A et al. Neuregulin 1 signalling modulates mGluR1 function in mesencephalic dopaminergic neurons. Mol Psychiatry : (2014). PubMed: 25266126
- Liu MG et al. Long-term potentiation of synaptic transmission in the adult mouse insular cortex: multielectrode array recordings. J Neurophysiol 110:505-21 (2013). PubMed: 23636718
- Kovacs FE et al. Purine receptor-mediated endocannabinoid production and retrograde synaptic signalling in the cerebellar cortex. Br J Pharmacol 162:974-88 (2011). PubMed: 21054344