Key features and details
- AMPA receptor desensitisation inhibitor
- CAS Number: 2259-96-3
- Soluble in ethanol to 25 mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameCyclothiazide, AMPA receptor desensitisation inhibitor
DescriptionAMPA receptor desensitisation inhibitor
Positive allosteric modulator of AMPA receptors. Produces a fast inhibition of AMPA receptor desensitization and a much slower potentiation of the AMPA current. Also available in Kit: Ionotropic agonists (ab120323).
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in ethanol to 25 mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Refer to SDS for further information
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
2D chemical structure image of ab120061, Cyclothiazide, AMPA receptor desensitisation inhibitor
To determine the capability of VCN-LSO synapses to support repetitive activity in the developing circuit, we added cyclothiazide to the perfusate to prevent AMPAR desensitization and measured responses to 50 Hz pulse-train stimuli delivered to the ventral acoustic stria. A. Representative responses to 50 Hz pulse-trains in P2, P5, and P9 cells; responses to the first five pulses only are shown. Greater paired-pulse depression between pulse 1 and 2 is evident in the youngest cell than in the older cells.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120061 has been referenced in 18 publications.
- Huang Y et al. GIRK1-mediated inwardly rectifying potassium current suppresses the epileptiform burst activities and the potential antiepileptic effect of ML297. Biomed Pharmacother 101:362-370 (2018). PubMed: 29499411
- Nguyen-Minh VT et al. Electrophysiological Excitability and Parallel Fiber Synaptic Properties of Zebrin-Positive and -Negative Purkinje Cells in Lobule VIII of the Mouse Cerebellar Slice. Front Cell Neurosci 12:513 (2018). PubMed: 30670950
- Droste D et al. Ca2+-permeable AMPA receptors in mouse olfactory bulb astrocytes. Sci Rep 7:44817 (2017). PubMed: 28322255
- Winland CD et al. Inflammation alters AMPA-stimulated calcium responses in dorsal striatal D2 but not D1 spiny projection neurons. Eur J Neurosci 46:2519-2533 (2017). PubMed: 28921719
- Han W et al. Ferric Chelate Reductase 1 Like Protein (FRRS1L) Associates with Dynein Vesicles and Regulates Glutamatergic Synaptic Transmission. Front Mol Neurosci 10:402 (2017). PubMed: 29276473