Key features and details
- NMDA glutamate site antagonist. Water soluble form.
- CAS Number: 1303993-72-7
- Soluble in water to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameDL-AP5 sodium salt, NMDA glutamate site antagonist
DescriptionNMDA glutamate site antagonist. Water soluble form.
Competitive NMDA receptor glutamate site antagonist. Water soluble form.
Also available in simple stock solutions (ab144498) - add 1 ml of water to get an exact, ready-to-use concentration.
Chemical nameDL-2-Amino-5-phosphonopentanoic acid sodium salt
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120271 has been referenced in 22 publications.
- Bonnycastle K et al. FMRP Sustains Presynaptic Function via Control of Activity-Dependent Bulk Endocytosis. J Neurosci 42:1618-1628 (2022). PubMed: 34996816
- Mishra P & Narayanan R Conjunctive changes in multiple ion channels mediate activity-dependent intrinsic plasticity in hippocampal granule cells. iScience 25:103922 (2022). PubMed: 35252816
- Sanchez-Priego C et al. Mapping cis-regulatory elements in human neurons links psychiatric disease heritability and activity-regulated transcriptional programs. Cell Rep 39:110877 (2022). PubMed: 35649373
- Ivanova D et al. Control of synaptic vesicle release probability via VAMP4 targeting to endolysosomes. Sci Adv 7:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33931449
- Nguyen TH et al. Single-Cell RNA Sequencing Analysis of the Drosophila Larval Ventral Cord. Curr Protoc 1:e38 (2021). PubMed: 33620770