Key features and details
- Microtubule-stabilizing agent
- CAS Number: 189453-10-9
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in ethanol to 100 mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameEpothilone D, Microtubule-stabilizing agent
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in ethanol to 100 mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab143616 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Timotius IK et al. Combination of Defined CatWalk Gait Parameters for Predictive Locomotion Recovery in Experimental Spinal Cord Injury Rat Models. eNeuro 8:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33593735
- Cho MJ et al. Microtubule Integrity Is Associated with the Functional Activity of Mitochondria in HEK293. Cells 10:N/A (2021). PubMed: 34944107
- Clark JA et al. Epothilone D alters normal growth, viability and microtubule dependent intracellular functions of cortical neurons in vitro. Sci Rep 10:918 (2020). PubMed: 31969604
- Gargini R et al. The IDH-TAU-EGFR triad defines the neovascular landscape of diffuse gliomas. Sci Transl Med 12:N/A (2020). PubMed: 31969485
- Kugler C et al. Epothilones Improve Axonal Growth and Motor Outcomes after Stroke in the Adult Mammalian CNS. Cell Rep Med 1:100159 (2020). PubMed: 33377130
- Xiong TQ et al. The effects of epothilone D on microtubule degradation and delayed neuronal death in the hippocampus following transient global ischemia. J Chem Neuroanat 98:17-26 (2019). PubMed: 30872184
- Sandner B et al. Systemic epothilone D improves hindlimb function after spinal cord contusion injury in rats. Exp Neurol 306:250-259 (2018). PubMed: 29408734