Ethidium bromide, fluorescent dye for DNA/RNA staining (ab141391)
Key features and details
- Intercalating fluorescent dye reagent for DNA/RNA staining
- CAS Number: 1239-45-8
- Purity: > 99%
- Supplied in water (1 mg/ml)
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameEthidium bromide, fluorescent dye for DNA/RNA staining
DescriptionIntercalating fluorescent dye reagent for DNA/RNA staining
- 3,8-Diamino-5-ethyl-6-phenylphenanthridinium bromide
- Homidium bromide
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called 1203 Ethidium Bromide. 1203-10 is the same size as the 10 ML size of ab141391.
Chemical name5-Ethyl-6-phenylphenanthridin-5-ium-3,8-diamine bromide
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSupplied in water (1 mg/ml)
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Toxic, refer to SDS for further information
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Nucleotide metabolism
- Molecular processes
- Mitochondrial transcription
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
Datasheets and documents
ab141391 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Yin X et al. Roles of astrocytic connexin-43, hemichannels, and gap junctions in oxygen-glucose deprivation/reperfusion injury induced neuroinflammation and the possible regulatory mechanisms of salvianolic acid B and carbenoxolone. J Neuroinflammation 15:97 (2018). PubMed: 29587860